DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Draw Steel Ruleset

Hey folks, I started looking into making a bare bones ruleset for Draw Steel today, but for what I want to do, the amount of work for me to learn and implement the features is overwhelming.

I just want to implement the basic dice rolls (2d10+mod, display tier result), ability to add edge/bane modifiers (either a +/- 2, or raising or lowering a tier on the result), the ability to track who has gone in initiative (a form of popcorn initiative), and of course tracking basic things like stamina, heroic resource, speed, etc. Does anyone have advice on what it would take to implement this? I presume that using the CoreRPG base would be easiest, but I honestly have no idea where to begin.

If there's someone who could implement this quickly, I'd be eternally grateful to that, as well. Like I said, I'm not really looking to implement the entire ruleset (the game is still in development), just enough to make it a little easier to run the game until the core rules have settled down.

Try either the XCore or the MoreCore rulesets, it should be a lot easier to do what you want with one of them then in CoreRPG.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Shadowdark
    Currently Playing:
    Adventurer Conqueror King System Imperial Imprint
    Pathfinder 2E
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Blog Entries
    I would look at XCore
    You could write your own roll to report the tiers of success.
    MoreCore has a popcorn Initative option but you can achieve it in XCore by assigning everyone a 9 (example) init and then as they act changing their init to 0.

Set your edges/banes up as modifier rolls - see doco https://diehard-gaming.com/xcore/

Dice Roll to Modifier Stack
    Start the Roll with mod to load the result to the Modifier Stack. There are two main types of Mod rolls.

Static Mod Values are done using the syntax:

mod #
    mod [a]
    mod [strength|c]

Dynamic Mod Rolls are done using a valid dice expression like:

mod 1d6+[b]
    mod [a]d10e[b]

I would use mod [a] and set 2 or -2 in the [a] field.
    After you set your edge(s)/bane(s) you can then either just use a basic roll 2d10 and it will pick up the modifiers or you can check the forge for some sample rolls so that you can create a roll that will also report Tiers.

Appreciate all the advice. I was unaware of XCore, and it sounds like most of that will accomplish what I'm hoping to!

Looking into this myself.

saw your video today using Xcore.

I was hoping for a bit more ability to add more sections in the XCore character sheet though. Or the ability to hide sections in the morecore character sheet. Will probably just stick with Xcore after fiddling a bit with both.

Thread Information