DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Open High and Low rolls appear broken since last core update

Hi all - is anyone else seeing an amazing number of open high and open low each followed by more open high rolls appearing? I was on vacation this week so have been running sessions every day and the players are threatening to go back to manual dice rolls. Just before typing this I rolled two checks and the first was a 97 followed by 76. The second was a 2 followed by a 79.

The last rune paper creation of 20 rolls by one of the players had a 98 + 92, later in the 20 were a 98 + 96 +4. I'm seeing lots of these open up or down 3 in row or more all of a sudden.

I've seen it happen a lot in one session and then not at all in other sessions. One thing to realize is 1 out of every 10 rolls (Open-Ended Rolls) and 1 out of every 20 rolls (High Open-Ended) will be open-ended on average.

I assume the RMC rolls are not core? Assuming we weren't imagining it, could this be connected with the new D100 dice in the core dice list somehow? We've been using FGU for games about 3 times a week for several years and real dice rolls for decades and don't believe we've seen the like before that happened with the recent update that broke all the UI (PC cards now have dark text on dark tabs for example). I started trying themes (didn't use them previously) and went through each theme multiple times to find one that is broken less than the rest. I couldn't think of a workaround for the dice problem...but now it occurs to me try the new D100 rather that using the RMC D100 or Open, etc. No joy; 20 rolls in my "npc builder" campaign with no extensions. 6th D100 = 1, 7th = 97, 8th = 98, 10th = 4, 16 = 99. Hah...getting desperate now, I used the /random 100 (a first for me) and got a 98. Ok, that tells me how you probably did the regular Open coding and it's not likely your code; so I'll not post here about it more. Thanks for the response, though!

Mhm... I have my next session on Thursday and hope this randomness is fixed by then. One of the reasons we were not happy about Roll20 was the the unusal series of low rolls and then high rolls all at once.

Assuming no change in the core algorithm used to simulate random numbers, and since I've convinced myself that the / commands are doing the same so it's not change to RMC interpreting it somehow, it is probably just a strange run we're having.

The RMC ruleset just tells FGU to roll a d100 then it checks the results and determines if it needs to roll another d100 and add or subtract it. Then checks that d100 etc. So the dice rolling is using the core d100 with checks after the result comes in.

Thread Information