Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

FGU Font Size Change without changing UI

I noticed as I am getting older it is harder to read smaller text. Is there a way to only change the font size without changing the UI?

Blog Entries
    Extensions. There are various 'big font' and other theme extensions that change the font sizes. Peruse the stickies of the CoreRPG sub-forum as well as your rulesystem of choice for extensions that do this. You may also have luck doing a search for 'big font'

Sorry, I don't use any so can't link specific ones.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Please note that changing the font via an extension can often create graphical issues; because the sheets in the rulesets are designed for specific font sizes. Also, the extensions apply to all players of the campaign as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Have a look at these extensions https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-Google-Fonts

They are well documents so you could crack open one or two of them and change some of the font sizes yourself in the extension if they aren't what you are looking for without changes..
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

With the new updates in Aug 2024, which are awesome, the font size ext is not working. And as the original post says, I would like this to happen without changing the scale of the UI because I like the scale I have it set to now. My windows fit the way I wish them to be and don't want to change that when the ext for large font worked well with the scale set the way I have it. Thanks for the consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltronRocks View Post
    With the new updates in Aug 2024, which are awesome, the font size ext is not working.
    Which extension exactly?

And what isn't working? Are you getting errors or something else?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello Trenloe.

The core large font ext. I don't see a change when it's on or off on the reg core theme. I did figure out how to open the poppins ext and increase the size with the .zip .ext examples, but it only enlarges some things, but not the combat tracker, party sheet text, and text in various windows such as: story, books, tables, character sheet text, items, skills, spells, etc. If I open a story choice, that window that opens has larger text, the motd and chat are larger, so it only helped a bit. Thanks for your quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltronRocks View Post
    Hello Trenloe.

The core large font ext. I don't see a change when it's on or off on the reg core theme. I did figure out how to open the poppins ext and increase the size with the .zip .ext examples, but it only enlarges some things, but not the combat tracker, party sheet text, and text in various windows such as: story, books, tables, character sheet text, items, skills, spells, etc. If I open a story choice, that window that opens has larger text, the motd and chat are larger, so it only helped a bit. Thanks for your quick response.
    Is it this extension? https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/376/view If so, then I see the larger fonts in a campaign without a theme, but the "Theme: Core" does override the extension settings.

I'd recommend reporting the issue in the forum thread for that extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...PG-LARGE-Fonts It's probably a loadorder issue - with the Core Theme loading after the extension and overriding its settings.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah ok, I see now. I only need the theme if needed for other ruleset other than DND. And yes, that font option from the forge exactly. Now that I turned the core theme off with no theme chosen and then turned back on large font, it works perfectly. Thanks so much for the point out that now seems obvious now, LOL. I saw core theme and just assumed it should be always on, but now I know that is not the case. Thank you and thank you for the quick responses as your promptness helped me not let ADHD go on a rampage. OH and being around as a unity backer and a helper with Laerun and FG Academy back when and all that, it's nice seeing FG get a fresh coat of paint! Have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by VoltronRocks; August 25th, 2024 at 00:24.

Thread Information