5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Tempered7 View Post
    Oh, I didn't get that. Let me remove the link. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Virus total couldnt find any virus. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/285e2f735c95fd1c8d0ee2697eb7bb9ec035b10a5d6a79ccc8 2dfe3a34f791cd?nocache=1
    Attachment 61683

Attachment 61684
    They most likely aren't registered with Defender or they may have an expired Microsoft permissions thing (if there is one). I know one company I worked for let something expire and every time someone went to our website they would get a warning similar to what I got when I clicked the download link. SInce I didn't get the warning for website, I thought it might be something worse, but obviously it's not. Thanks for checking.

Do you know if that program allows you save the map as an external image when you save the map and stuff to that program? I didn't see anything about downloading or saving just the map image from the website to use in another program (like FG).

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    They most likely aren't registered with Defender or they may have an expired Microsoft permissions thing (if there is one). I know one company I worked for let something expire and every time someone went to our website they would get a warning similar to what I got when I clicked the download link. SInce I didn't get the warning for website, I thought it might be something worse, but obviously it's not. Thanks for checking.

Do you know if that program allows you save the map as an external image when you save the map and stuff to that program? I didn't see anything about downloading or saving just the map image from the website to use in another program (like FG).
    It also has source code public, if you want to check. It's in github. I'm just a user, though. My malwarebyte didn't pop up any alerts at first, but still good to learn these things. Will be more careful next time, just in case.

It doesn't have any export function. I use printscreen to take screenshots, though. Oh and you dont have to use the software, it can be played online / solo from the website without a need to login.

edit: "at first" = at first download. it's not 1.0 yet and I started using it from the last version.
    Last edited by Tempered7; August 23rd, 2024 at 01:45.
    If you want to solo your way through FGU, I write about Solo RPG methods and reviews in my All Things Solo blog.
    Actual Play Logs are in Solo Play Adventures.

If there's anything shady in the software, please let me know so I can edit my post.
    If you want to solo your way through FGU, I write about Solo RPG methods and reviews in my All Things Solo blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempered7 View Post
    If there's anything shady in the software, please let me know so I can edit my post.
    Since it does not have option to save the map (image only) I'm not really interested in downloading the app. The website is good enough if I decide to use it. Since the NPCs it creates in the encounters found in a hex are for 1E D&D, I probably won't use it at all. I gave that system up a long time ago when 3E came out, lol. Although I do still pull stuff from it that 5E almost completely overlooks, like hirelings and such.

Most likely, they are just missing a certificate and that makes the warning popup on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    Most likely, they are just missing a certificate and that makes the warning popup on my side.
    That's a relief to hear! I only took the parts that's related to content creation as an example for my blog.
    I searched every single website for a FGU module like that one, but there was none, so I had to find something else.
    I hope someone makes such a module, that can be used with any system, in the future.

Small Hex-crawl Playtest

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Interesting. HAve you put rollable tables into FG so you don't have to refer to the gnomestew site? Seems like it would be straightforward, but haven't tried yet myself.
    I utilized The Adventurer's Toolbox, DMG and JimSocks' Content Creator with World Map Hex Tiles that Trenloe linked for test. Grid Type: Hexagon / Size: 100 x 100

# Here's the results:

The Toolbox has Wilderness & Dungeon Generators.
    TOOLhex1.jpg

I roll the tables to chat and add tiles into map accordingly.
    TOOLhex2.jpg

Active Area Discovery in the Toolbox has some event rolls in areas
    TOOLhex3.jpg

World Map Hex Tiles (except the square ones)
    TOOLhex4.jpg

Took a small village instead of hamlet from Content Creator 2020
    Then the shop was "Atrocious" so I went out.
    TOOLhex5.jpg

I can't upload more than 5 pics, but at the end, I died trying to climb a rock in an arctic tile because of Survival fail. DMG's weather tables were brutal.

I'm still trying to figure it out. When I'm done, I'll write about it.

EDIT: Here's the blog post.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Playtest-Notes
    Last edited by Tempered7; August 27th, 2024 at 01:49.

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread Information