Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Seven Worlds Setting - Feedback and Issues

Finally got the initial version submitted and released. It's taken a while to get the original publisher and author to agree to have this converted for FGU. Thanks to all the folks that had to answer all the questions I had along the way, in particular Talon64, Jiminimonka and Savage Doswelk. And to Ikeal for providing example extensions that I ended up using to track Heat for ships in Space Combat and also to show Trait Die results for Zero-G rules.

This initial version is true to the original as-published Seven Worlds Setting Guide by Intellistories.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...=IPFGSWDISSWSG
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...Setting_Guide/

As such this original version is optimized for SWD per the original Setting.

For those that prefer to play in the SWADE ruleset, the setting guide has been re-optimized to work within the updated SWADE ruleset. It still keeps it's hard science fiction backbone but as per the original several rules have been customized to work for the setting and corresponding campaign adventure books.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...PFGSWADEISSWSG
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...g_Guide_SWADE/

Each version of the Setting Guide contains:
    - Setting Guide - Player
    - Setting Guide - GM
    - Setting Guide - Intro Adventure: A Mysterious Encounter
    - Setting Extension

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Arsilon; September 4th, 2024 at 20:14.

Nice! I'm very happy to see more sci-fi settings, and Seven Worlds is a good one. I backed them on kickstarter. It was well worth the money.
    Add feature suggestions for Savage Worlds to Fantasy Grounds Feature Request.

Thread is now sticky to kepp it on first page
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Just submitted the SWADE version for QA. Hopefully it will flow through relatively quickly.

Tomorrow's patch should have some minor typo and formatting fixes as well as a couple missing links corrected in the SWD version.
    Last edited by Arsilon; August 27th, 2024 at 15:28.

Right all sorted out. Will get the SWADE version.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; August 28th, 2024 at 15:57.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

The SWADE version has been submitted and is ready to go. Just waiting for Smiteworks to push the final 'release to live' button.

For simplicity sake we'll use this thread for any issues found in either version so we can keep both in sync.

As an FYI, development is nearing completion for the first 2 campaign adventure module books (there are 7 total); hopefully that means the full campaign adventure will also be available sooner rather than later. (Thanks again to Jiminimonka, Doswelk and Lonewolf for helping me figure out how to streamline conversion work on the back end to make it go faster!) I wanted to make sure the setting guides were out and clean before finalizing the campaigns since they need to link to the appropriate underlying version of the setting rules.

SWADE version is now live for anyone that was waiting for that version to release. Updated the original post accordingly.

Current list of enhancements/fixes in queue for next release cycle:
    - Fixed errors in Optional rules for Ship Edges and Hindrances
    - Fixed formatting issues with Archetype character backstories
    - Added a Space Encounter battle map to the GM Guide for use with other campaign adventure modules
    - Removed unused vehicle attributes to avoid automation errors
    - Added 'missile payload vehicles' for use in tracking launcher projectiles in the CT and on battle map

Thread Information