Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Removing Images from "Create from Campaign Assets"

Hi, so I've tried to find a solution to this problem from searches online but turned up nothing. So I have to directly ask. My issue is that I was experimenting in Fantasy Grounds, learning more about it. Opening the images window in my campaign room, I hit the "Create from Campaign Assets" button, not sure what it would do. Now, my images window is flooded with redundant and useless images for me as a GM. It's not something I can't work around, but certainly sends my OCD for a spin.

These all appear to be images of advertisements, covers, and blank backgrounds from the actual books the various modules I have are based from. The issue is... I can't delete them. Because they're original files from the modules, they're locked. So I can't remove them. Searching in FG's actual file folders, they're invisible. And even loading up an entirely different campaign room, the moment I load those same modules these useless images are back.

So my question is, is there anyway to undo this or delete these useless images? Or am I just stuck with this forever? Because it's really annoying.

Blog Entries
    What the Create From Campaign Assets does is to create Image records of everything that was in the Assets > Images > Campaign list.
    To remove them, go to Images and filter for (Uncategorized).
    You can then either right click on each one and Delete > Confirm or click the edit pencil in the bottom right corner of the window and then double click the delte icon next to each item.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Alternately delete that campaign completely if you were just using it as a learning vessel.

Sadly that doesn't really help. Most of them aren't uncategorized. They're categorized according the module it snatched them from. As a result they're all set to "read-only" and it doesn't let me delete them.
    Example.png

And as said making a new campaign room... these images are all still there.

You can't permanently remove image records from modules. Once the module is reloaded or reverted those records will reappear. They are part of the module and will always be there.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Create from Campaign Assets adds all of the images to your campaign that are in the images folder inside the campaign folder in FG data. Unless you have put images into that folder then Create From Campaign Assets will do nothing. Your screenshot just shows the images which are present in all of the modules which you have open in your campaign. To not have those images show in the image list go into Modules > Activation and then close all of the open modules. (Of course in order to run a game or do anything much you'll probably want those modules open).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So then I am stuck with this. That's... frustrating. But I appreciate getting an answer. I didn't have these pictures in the images folder. Least I didn't put them there. I can only guess it might be something to do with how the Pathfinder modules were designed. Is there any chance at all that you think uninstalling and reinstalling Fantasy Grounds could clear this up?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Tir View Post
    Sadly that doesn't really help. Most of them aren't uncategorized. They're categorized according the module it snatched them from. As a result they're all set to "read-only" and it doesn't let me delete them.
    Example.png

And as said making a new campaign room... these images are all still there.
    These are not a result of Import from Campaign Assets. These are images that are in the various books. If you load the books (like you have), then you load all the images in the book. You can either unload the book (you don't need every book you own loaded all the time) or use the book/category filter to just activate the book you want to look in at the moment.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

They weren't before I pressed the create from campaign assets button, though. Either way, the answer seems to be that there is no fixing it. So I guess thank you all for trying to help.

Blog Entries
    Note, I've added a feature request to the list that would help with the ability to filter. Once approved you can vote on it. The request name is: "Multi-Select List Groups"

Discussion here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Library-Lists

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information