Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

How to add a Skill die to damage

Hi,

I made a magic weapon which does Str + Faith + weapon damage die amount of damage, but the syntax didn't work. The Faith Skill die wasn't added. How can I add a Skill die to the damage roll?

I do not think you can, I know you can use the other attributes but never tried skills.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    Hi,

I made a magic weapon which does Str + Faith + weapon damage die amount of damage, but the syntax didn't work. The Faith Skill die wasn't added. How can I add a Skill die to the damage roll?
    What Attribute is linked to Faith? Spirit?

Make the weapon damage Str+Spi+d#
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

That doesn't work if Spirit and Faith are not the same though. Best you can do is add the die value of Faith manually, down side if booting Faith will not update this damage.

I don't think I ever seen a setting with rule but there are so many these days anything is possible, you could ask Mike nicely to code it
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

That's an interesting concept. I'd use it for things like psionic weapons and powers.
    I added this to my list, but it's not very high up currently.
    There's still cleanup from the past few CoreRPG changes. And I'm working on the SFC extension. (I don't want to delay the release of the SFC!)

I was looking at the suggestions on Idea Informer for Savage Worlds.
    Idea Informer

Is that one still in use? Or should everything go to
    Fantasy Grounds Feature Request

We should start adding these suggestions so they don't get lost. (Anyone who's been in one of my games knows to not trust my note keeping.) It also helps determine what features are popular.

What if you have a custom Skill? Might it not get a bit long winded. Easier to link the Attribute or add a die marching the skill.
    Twitch Channel

Custom Skills can be used as attack types, currently. And as arcane skills for powers. It would work along the same line.
    Maybe I shouldn't be making more work for myself...
    Add feature suggestions for Savage Worlds to Fantasy Grounds Feature Request.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    That's an interesting concept. I'd use it for things like psionic weapons and powers.
    I added this to my list, but it's not very high up currently.
    There's still cleanup from the past few CoreRPG changes. And I'm working on the SFC extension. (I don't want to delay the release of the SFC!)

I was looking at the suggestions on Idea Informer for Savage Worlds.
    Idea Informer

Is that one still in use? Or should everything go to
    Fantasy Grounds Feature Request

We should start adding these suggestions so they don't get lost. (Anyone who's been in one of my games knows to not trust my note keeping.) It also helps determine what features are popular.
    I think we should just be using the latter/newer Fantasy Grounds Feature Request

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Custom Skills can be used as attack types, currently. And as arcane skills for powers. It would work along the same line.Maybe I shouldn't be making more work for myself...
    If it is made to work like attack types, so you can set it to anything, that opens up a lot of doors for future Settings etc. So it would be very useful down the line.
    Twitch Channel

Thread Information