Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Assisting

Assisting

Is there an easy way to do an assist? As per the rules a character assisting another character only roles one die. We just played for the first time and the best we could come up with was putting in a -1 in the modifier box. Is there another way to do this?

Holding shift while rolling a skill will do an Assist roll.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Holding shift while rolling a skill will do an Assist roll.
    Thank you so much for this info. Where would I look to find these kinds of instructions?

I would say the wiki, but I looked it over and looks like I missed adding it to there. I don't believe I have missed anything else, but there has been some new functionality that was added with the recent update for Settler's Guide and Wasteland Guide that is not documented at this time.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...t+2d20+Ruleset
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I would say the wiki, but I looked it over and looks like I missed adding it to there. I don't believe I have missed anything else, but there has been some new functionality that was added with the recent update for Settler's Guide and Wasteland Guide that is not documented at this time.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...t+2d20+Ruleset
    Thank you very much appreciate the info. I will keep an eye on the wiki going forward. I understand there might be a delay on updates for the wiki but its good to know that as long as I keep an eye on it I will see them when updated.

There is always the option of reaching through our discord where the community can help answer questions.

https://discord.gg/rDZFjgNN
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Isn't there an explicit "assist" item in one of the tabs, that only rolls one die? I vaguely recall it being on the same page as the role-specific rolls.

There was one in Conan from what I remember and was at one point in Fallout, but never Star Trek.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Now that I'm at my computer with FG, I can see that there is one. In the combat tab, with 'combat tasks' selected, the first item is Assist. It allos the player to select an attribute and discipline, and it only rolls 1 die.

Edit: Both it and the shift-roll method get marked as assistance in the chat.

Ah, my bad, I sometimes forget about the actions. You are correct it is there as well. So two ways to cook the pudding as it were.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information