5E Character Create Playlist

NPCs in the Combat Tracker

Is it possible to get FGU to show the NPCs in the CT back to red/yellow/green so that it's easier to spot? The red stripe down the side is quite thin and hard to spot. The red stripe also disappears when the NPC is selected.

I mean, did anyone complain about the colours previously?
    Last edited by spoonhead; August 20th, 2024 at 20:02.

What ruleset and theme are you using? In the standard theme (in 5e) the NPCs have a red border as well as the thick red line to the left and a red icon showing their faction on the right. The selected actor also has a blue border and there's a big icon on the left pointing to the actor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Yes - there were complaints about the overbearing color usage that was there previously, so we made some updates to tone it down.

It's unlikely that we would return to using so much color, but we'll monitor feedback and make adjustments that would get at the root cause in other ways if we need to. The active row eliminating the colored stripe isn't intended, so we'll get that resolved in an upcoming release.

Thanks!

Also, you can use the Theme: Legacy - Baron to get the old look and feel.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What ruleset and theme are you using? In the standard theme (in 5e) the NPCs have a red border as well as the thick red line to the left and a red icon showing their faction on the right. The selected actor also has a blue border and there's a big icon on the left pointing to the actor
    Your image highlights the problem clearly. The selected NPC loses any red colour border and stripe, with only the faction button showing whether it's a friend or foe (or neutral). Is it not possible to have just a hint of red?

Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    Hello, and thanks for posting.

Yes - there were complaints about the overbearing color usage that was there previously, so we made some updates to tone it down.

It's unlikely that we would return to using so much color, but we'll monitor feedback and make adjustments that would get at the root cause in other ways if we need to. The active row eliminating the colored stripe isn't intended, so we'll get that resolved in an upcoming release.

Thanks!
    I understand the need to tone it down, but it's gone completely. A pale red surely could have been used? Zacchaeus' image is quite useful in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I understand the need to tone it down, but it's gone completely. A pale red surely could have been used? Zacchaeus' image is quite useful in that regard.
    It seems like you're specifying the active row in your latest comments, and as I said in my reply, the active row eliminating the colored stripe isn't intended, so we'll get that resolved in an upcoming release.

A wider stripe would also be nice.

Quick update here - the active row will now have the stripe as intended, and the stripe's width has been doubled, as of the next build.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 235337.png

Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    Quick update here - the active row will now have the stripe as intended, and the stripe's width has been doubled, as of the next build.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 235337.png
    That looks really nice!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information