Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
    Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    @danielMorley what did you disable.
    Critically awesome essentials had to be disabled to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMorley View Post
    Critically awesome essentials had to be disabled to get it to work.
    I have version 2.47 on dmsguild, so will test with this version....

Is this the version you used or did you use the forge versions ? (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1575/view)

Not sure if the dmsguild/forge versions are in sync...

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; August 10th, 2024 at 18:20.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I have version 2.47 on dmsguild, so will test with this version....

Is this the version you used or did you use the forge versions ? (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1575/view)

Not sure if the dmsguild/forge versions are in sync...

-pete
    I had a very quick look with 2.47 off dmsguild...

1. This looks to cause an issue on the player sheet on the host side ( loss of icons to drag spell tokens ), while they still exist on the client side. ( Probably a merge issue with host 'power' line. )
    2. When spell tokens are dropped on to the map they dont show up... ( They dont get added into the system, so an override of a function on the image system, maybe to do with the polymorph side of the extension. )

Spell tokens has previously been working with this extensions, as far as I recall...

When I get some time I will look into the code of the extensions and see what the conflict(s) are...

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I had a very quick look with 2.47 off dmsguild...

1. This looks to cause an issue on the player sheet on the host side ( loss of icons to drag spell tokens ), while they still exist on the client side. ( Probably a merge issue with host 'power' line. )
    2. When spell tokens are dropped on to the map they dont show up... ( They dont get added into the system, so an override of a function on the image system, maybe to do with the polymorph side of the extension. )

Spell tokens has previously been working with this extensions, as far as I recall...

When I get some time I will look into the code of the extensions and see what the conflict(s) are...

-pete
    Hi, thanks for looking into it, I use the Forge version of Critically awesome.

I’ll keep an eye open for updates from you but I use your extension a whole lot more so I’m happy to run as is for now so don’t feel any pressure from me 😊

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMorley View Post
    Hi, thanks for looking into it, I use the Forge version of Critically awesome.

I’ll keep an eye open for updates from you but I use your extension a whole lot more so I’m happy to run as is for now so don’t feel any pressure from me ��
    I had a bit of time to look into the issue, while I dont know the other extension... I can tell from the look at the code it is also trying to do some spell token/spell targeting type things.

When extensions change the same area of code, but do different things it might cause a simple to fix conflict. But then extensions change the same area of code and are doing the same sort of thing, it normally becomes near impossible to resolve the conflicts of issues. And the 'interactions' of multiple systems trying to do the same sort of thing becomes a usability nightmare of control conflicts.

Without getting much more familiar with the other extensions, I just dont see a good way to make both work together. As I say, they are trying to do something very much the same, and I'm sure the ui radials and other ui items to allow both extensions to work will just conflict so much as to make it not user viable.. ( Even if the code could be made to work together.. )

As you say you use my extension over the other and are happy, I'll not look further into this conflict. ( As I think basically people will just have to pick one or the other extension they want to use. I know a lot will pick the rob2e group as its a large group of extensions. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I was having trouble finding it so I decide to ask. So, I have quite a few animated 5e breath-shaped spell tokens that are "aiming" to the right instead of down. I would like to use these tokens for targeting. Is there a way I can "tell" the B9 extension what direction the triangle is facing? Or can you recommend a webm editer that I can use to rotate the image without modifying the image in any other way?

Thank you very much for your time, and your excellent extension. I've been using it a long time and it has serve me and my players very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Farratto View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I was having trouble finding it so I decide to ask. So, I have quite a few animated 5e breath-shaped spell tokens that are "aiming" to the right instead of down. I would like to use these tokens for targeting. Is there a way I can "tell" the B9 extension what direction the triangle is facing? Or can you recommend a webm editer that I can use to rotate the image without modifying the image in any other way?

Thank you very much for your time, and your excellent extension. I've been using it a long time and it has serve me and my players very well.
    I would use imagemagick, with something like 'magick convert in.web[mp] -rotate 90 out.web[mp]' depending on source to designation orientation. ( or -rotate -90 etc.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I would use imagemagick, with something like 'magick convert in.web[mp] -rotate 90 out.web[mp]' depending on source to designation orientation. ( or -rotate -90 etc.. )

-pete
    okey dokey, thank you :-)

Issues with spell tokens being the wrong size. I look at the distance for fireball with the token and it looks like it is a 15' radius not 20'. Is there a way to fix this without having the make the image larger? I have also seen this with darkness. 15'Arrow.png and in the second image you can see where the radius arrow i have is set to 20' 20'Arrow.png.

nm i fixed the problem. I had to redo the import of the .xml.

Page 108 of 109 First ... 85898106107108109 Last

Thread Information