Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    They are looking into it, and the switch to Unity made it MUCH easier from the old architecture.

Very much looking forward to this; I plan on using it with my tabletop campaign as there are a few sourcebooks that I have in FGU but not in hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, we’re still in the development phase. There were some curve balls once we added iOS into the mix. We’ll announce something when we have a better handle on when/what we will be delivering.

JPG
    Hi! We're coming up on a year where you mentioned the development of FGU on iOS. Whats the status on this? Id reeeeally like to see this on my iPad Air Gen 5 and 6. With the M1 chipset I can easily run my vtt game on my ipad. Now we need the software. This is where you guys come in. So whats the status on iOS implementation of FGU?

It's still in development according to the latest information given out in recent live streams. SW generally don't give out specific time frames so that all round disappointment can be avoided. Note also that AFAIK it's only going to be a reader (that is you'll be able to access any modules on your account and read them). It's not something that you could use to actually play in a game.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It's still in development according to the latest information given out in recent live streams. SW generally don't give out specific time frames so that all round disappointment can be avoided. Note also that AFAIK it's only going to be a reader (that is you'll be able to access any modules on your account and read them). It's not something that you could use to actually play in a game.
    It will only be a reader???!!! What absolute garbage. Get this product on iPad or go home…. No wonder no one uses FGU, ffs and I paid for this garbage license years ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Demiurge View Post
    It will only be a reader???!!! What absolute garbage. Get this product on iPad or go home…. No wonder no one uses FGU, ffs and I paid for this garbage license years ago.
    Please be nice.

Making a tablet capable VTT is much more than just having the app run on a different operating system. You have to totally replace the user interface and somehow make exceptions for use of an onscreen keyboard and no mouse. A reader app is the first step. If it was easy to do, it would already be done (an no other VTT with the capabilities of FG has a fully featured tablet ready app either.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Really?? You think the game would be playable on an iPad, the screen space is so limited. I had a hard enough time playing on a 4K 15" laptop screen I bought a 2nd screen to extend the space.

As an Apple developer (forced) who does a lot with Ipad, I can tell you certainly that porting FGU over to it would be an absolute beast of a task. Honestly, I have a lot of respect for them for even trying to get a reader going.

It could be easier on Android - but not even necessarily. Developing for tiny screens is not the same as developing in Unity, and it comes with many more restrictions that cause it to take far longer with a small team.

I don't know if you've ever tried the "VTT"s (if we want to call them that) that are available on the App Market or Google Play, but I'm fairly sure that it's not the experience you want - and they're leagues behind what FGU does.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    As an Apple developer (forced) who does a lot with Ipad, I can tell you certainly that porting FGU over to it would be an absolute beast of a task. Honestly, I have a lot of respect for them for even trying to get a reader going.

It could be easier on Android - but not even necessarily. Developing for tiny screens is not the same as developing in Unity, and it comes with many more restrictions that cause it to take far longer with a small team.

I don't know if you've ever tried the "VTT"s (if we want to call them that) that are available on the App Market or Google Play, but I'm fairly sure that it's not the experience you want - and they're leagues behind what FGU does.
    Well said.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Demiurge View Post
    Lucky for you it was only a one time fee and not a monthly subscription!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread Information