GI JOE RPG Launch

Moving Characters to Archetypes Window

I purchased one of the Kickstarter packages for Deadlands: The Weird West. I have also purchased the main modules in Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU), the Weird West Marshall and Players Guides. I have been creating the Archetypes from the PDFs from PEG in the CHARACTER SELECTION window. I just noticed the ARCHETYPES button, and I see that is where I should have created these characters.

My question is, is there some way to move them from the CHARACTER windows to the ARCHETYPES window. I tried Drag-n-Drop, which did not work. If I exported all of these pregen characters as a module, can I make it an ARCHETYPES module, or is there some way to edit the db.xml to make them ARCHETYPES without having to completely recreate them?

There's no way in-game to convert a character to an archetype.

You can do this manually.
    Close the campaign. Open the campaign's db.xml in a text editor. Create a a top level node
    Code:
    <pregen>
    Copy (or move) the character you want from the
    Code:
    <charsheet>
    node into it.
    Save the file then start your campaign.

I haven't experimented with this, so I don't know if there will be any side effects.
    Also, make sure you back up your db.xml before you do this.
    Lastly, if it messes up your game, I never told you to do this, and you never saw me.

That's hilarious. I'm going to give it a try. I have the entire campaign backed up in 17 different locations. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Information