GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hotkeys Disappearing

One of my players is having an issue where hotkey links 1-3 disappear (clear themselves) between sessions (same computer). 4-12 remain with no issue.

I've never had a problem with this and neither have any of my other players.

Any ideas what might cause something like that?

No idea; I actually have my hot keys 1-3 set for stuff I check regularly in all my test campaigns.

Any extensions running? Or perhaps file synching software running on FG data folder (i.e. OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.)?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No idea; I actually have my hot keys 1-3 set for stuff I check regularly in all my test campaigns.

Any extensions running? Or perhaps file synching software running on FG data folder (i.e. OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.)?

Regards,
    JPG
    Definitely a ton of extensions running. It's just strange that it only happens to this one player and we've played hundreds of sessions.

I'll ask him about file syncing software. Thanks!

Ask the player to check the hotkeys.xml file in their local cache data - <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name>\usersettings Look at the last time it was modified.

It could be that this file isn't being updated for some reason, and so it will revert to the original for the next session.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Ask the player to check the hotkeys.xml file in their local cache data - <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name>\usersettings Look at the last time it was modified.

It could be that this file isn't being updated for some reason, and so it will revert to the original for the next session.
    Will do. Thanks!

I noticed this same quirk on both my computer and a couple of my players'. I've been watching it for clues about how and why it happens. I haven't yet figured out what set of actions causes it. I'll continue to observe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    I noticed this same quirk on both my computer and a couple of my players'. I've been watching it for clues about how and why it happens. I haven't yet figured out what set of actions causes it. I'll continue to observe it.
    As per my post above, check to see if the hotkeys file is getting updated when the players/GM exit their FG session.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In addition - is this exactly the same as the OP, i.e. you lose hotkeys 1-3 and only those hotkeys, or is it a general hotkeys not saving between sessions?

It's a general hotkeys not saving. The file isn't being saved, but only sometimes. I haven't figured out what's blocking it.

It's a general hotkeys not saving. The file isn't being saved, but only sometimes. I haven't figured out what's blocking it.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information