Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Adding effects to items extension

i hope this is the right forum.
    im told theres a bunch of extensions that will allow you to add effects to items in 5E.
    i had one of these running nicely a few months ago. with the new update everything seems to be non functional.
    can anyone recomend an extension for adding effects to items. (one that works with the new build ideally.....)

and by way of example:
    applying something like this to a weapon instead of a character:
    IFT: TYPE(fiend,undead); DMG: 1d8 radiant
    so with every assignment of dammage to a target the system will automatically check type and (maybe) apply extra dammage.....

thank you for your help hivemind. id be screwed without you.

EDIT: Please don't post the exact same thing in multiple threads. It's inefficient and wastes time for those trying to help you. I've deleted the duplicate thread you created.

If the recent update has caused an extension to stop working then the best approach is to let the dev of the extension know so that they can fix it for you and others. If you got the extension from the Forge there should be a link to a discussion thread - please let the dev know. Thanks!
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 20th, 2024 at 16:07.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

appologise sir. i dont think i found the right forum channel first time round.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hagrid70 View Post
    appologise sir. i dont think i found the right forum channel first time round.
    When this happens, feel free to just ask a moderator to move it. We're glad to help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you're using D&D 5E, I strongly recommend: Advanced Effects. It does exactly this. It's even better when combined with Better Combat Effects or Better Combat Effects Gold.

thank you all so much.

like the title says.

Thread Information