Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Fantastic, thanks very much

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    New version available for update, 2024.06.11

Change "charged" effect behavior: It's now called "Charging", you apply it before the attack, it adds a "Charging" effect and a "No Dexterity" effect. Both of these effects are removed automatically when initiative passes to another creature
    Hi,
    you might need to recheck this - it doesn't seem to go away at the end of the round or when initiative moves on. Nearly killed one of the PCs on Tuesday because of that

Ok, yeah, I see some weirdness. Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look and get it fixed.

Hi,
    noted something odd on Tuesday - Rangers failed to update their bonus against humanoids in line with gaining levels.

This has been working fine, the higher level ranger had progressed nicely always getting the increased modifier but when the party levelled up this week (Tuesday 2 July) neither ranger increased their bonus, it remained at the old value.

Easily amended manually but something has broken somewhere down the line - not sure about other IFTs that might increase, so don't know if its universal or limited to rangers . . . Also not sure if its OSRIC or underlying 2e that's got messed up.

Hi can someone check this please (running OSRIC and AD&D O&H extensions)

I have 4th level clerics turning undead and failing to turn zombies on a roll of 4 - it should be automatic "T" result on the table.

Quickly tried some additional dice rolls and the table results seems all over the place - in the middle of a game so can't take too long experimenting, just going with manual adjustments

Script Errors

Hi think these might be OSRIC related - have reported them on 2e classic discord as well
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ZippeeJerred View Post
    Hi think these might be OSRIC related - have reported them on 2e classic discord as well
    Sorry I haven't been around for a while; been working on some major projects.

I'll need to try to reproduce the ranger thing. Not sure about turning undead, either, but I did just publish a new version of the ruleset to bring it up to date with things that have changed since June. That might resolve at least one of these issues.

Thanks for the logs. That script error should be fixed.

If you update and have a look, let me know if things are working better for you.

I'll need to try to reproduce the ranger thing. Not sure about turning undead, either, but I did just publish a new version of the ruleset to bring it up to date with things that have changed since June. That might resolve at least one of these issues.

If you update and have a look, let me know if things are working better for you.
    No worries. Last update seems to have sorted most of the weirdness and error logs out.

However I have tested the undead turning issue again today (see attached).

1st image "0" shows a Level 4 cleric on a [forced] roll of 0 attempting to turn a selection of 6 zombies, 1 ghoul, 1 ghast, and 1 wight - results shows only that skeletons would have been turned automatically (1HD) - naturally on a 0 the ghoul, ghast, and wight weren't but neither were any of the zombies (5 slots were rolled). A Level 4 cleric should auto turn both skeletons (1 HD) and zombies (2 HD). 5 zombies should have been turned regardless of rolling "0" so something is wrong . . .

2nd image "13" shows the same cleric attempting the same group on a roll of 13 and turning all of them (11 slots). All good.

3rd image "18" shows the same on a roll of 18 and turning all but the ghast and wight (7 slots). All good it's turning lower caste undead first, so I think it's just the "auto level" that's set wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok just run through some Ranger tests, ran from L1 to L4, human ranger against orcs - see attached screen shots.

At all levels the only damage modifier was a +1 - I used longbow attacks throughout so no muddling with STR mods.

The bonus v humanoids is there at L1 but is not increasing with level.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Thread Information