Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Sound triggers stopped working

I am using 4e and has been playing around with the sound sets. I have problems to get the Triggers to work consistently. For most part they fail to play.
    Here is one of my sounds that stopped working. I have tried using both the Upper case lettering as marked in magenta and the lower case wording marked in yellow. Both has worked intermittently. Sound trigger.png

Other sounds play perfectly. I use Firefox.
    Discord: starwolf.
    Games I host on FGU:
    • Traveller (MGT2)
    • DnD 4e (Campaign in development)

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    I am using 4e and has been playing around with the sound sets. I have problems to get the Triggers to work consistently. For most part they fail to play.
    Here is one of my sounds that stopped working. I have tried using both the Upper case lettering as marked in magenta and the lower case wording marked in yellow. Both has worked intermittently. Sound trigger.png

Other sounds play perfectly. I use Firefox.
    Hello, I'll look into this this week. Are there any errors or warnings being thrown in the /console logs? And when you say "other sounds play perfectly", do you mean that this is a Syrinscape sound that is intermittent when it plays?
    "If you love it, mod it."
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkonian View Post
    Hello, I'll look into this this week. Are there any errors or warnings being thrown in the /console logs? And when you say "other sounds play perfectly", do you mean that this is a Syrinscape sound that is intermittent when it plays?
    Yes, it is the syrinscape sounds. I signed up for a trial period as my first attempts was working pretty well. But suddenly all the oneshots went silent and I could not get them to work, even after a restart of Fantasygrounds.

Edit (added): I think I have narrowed down the problem. It seems that I did not get a request for opening a link when the oneshot was going to play. When I tested this morning I got it to work.
    Last edited by Starwolf; August 20th, 2024 at 04:44.
    Games I host on FGU:
    • Traveller (MGT2)

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    Yes, it is the syrinscape sounds. I signed up for a trial period as my first attempts was working pretty well. But suddenly all the oneshots went silent and I could not get them to work, even after a restart of Fantasygrounds.

Edit (added): I think I have narrowed down the problem. It seems that I did not get a request for opening a link when the oneshot was going to play. When I tested this morning I got it to work.
    I hope it was the link request dialog and you just missed it. When you see that dialog, you can select an option to accept all requests from syrinscape so you only have to click it once per session (it's a security feature so extensions don't run anything without your permission).

I'll still look at this later on in the week. But if a problem continues then respond here. I'll keep watching this thread for the week. Hope it all works though!
    "If you love it, mod it."
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkonian View Post
    I hope it was the link request dialog and you just missed it. When you see that dialog, you can select an option to accept all requests from syrinscape so you only have to click it once per session (it's a security feature so extensions don't run anything without your permission).

I'll still look at this later on in the week. But if a problem continues then respond here. I'll keep watching this thread for the week. Hope it all works though!
    Yes, I might have missed it, but I remember I confirmed yes to all when I started with playing an ambient sound (so that my wireless headset would not time out while I was tinkering).
    Games I host on FGU:
    • Traveller (MGT2)

Thread Information