Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I like a lot of the rules in this, for sure will be checking it out.

I am having issues downloading the ruleset. I can't even find the file download on the screen. It just says owned, but no option to download.

Quote Originally Posted by valleystudiosgaming View Post
    I am having issues downloading the ruleset. I can't even find the file download on the screen. It just says owned, but no option to download.
    It's downloaded if you update the software. Then when you create a new game, choose that as your ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by valleystudiosgaming View Post
    Products from the FG Forge are installed when you run an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Played a test session of this tonight. Awesome work. Would you by chance have a wiki/list of effects coding for DC20 available?

Quote Originally Posted by Wubs96 View Post
    Played a test session of this tonight. Awesome work. Would you by chance have a wiki/list of effects coding for DC20 available?
    Great to hear that it worked well for you! The list of effect codings is linked on the forge page (albeit inside the text). You can find the documentation at: https://gitlab.com/elewyth-ttrpg/fan...ain/effects.md.

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    Great to hear that it worked well for you! The list of effect codings is linked on the forge page (albeit inside the text). You can find the documentation at: https://gitlab.com/elewyth-ttrpg/fan...ain/effects.md.
    Thank you, that is perfect. One last (for now) question, when creating NPCs, what is the proper syntax for their attack rolls on the NPC sheet so that they show up as options on the combat tracker if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Wubs96 View Post
    Thank you, that is perfect. One last (for now) question, when creating NPCs, what is the proper syntax for their attack rolls on the NPC sheet so that they show up as options on the combat tracker if possible?
    Actions showing up in the combat tracker is not (yet) supported, but it is a good point that that should be added eventually. There is also currently no automatic parsing of NPC powers/attacks yet. You have to create the attacks manually in the NPC sheet, in the same way players create Spells/Powers in the Actions tab of the character sheet. This is mainly because at the time of implementing the NPC sheet, there were no official monster/NPC statblocks released yet, so I didn't know how the texts would be formatted to implement such an automatic parsing of attacks/powers. By now, a couple of stat blocks have been released, but I will wait for more of them to see if it is even possible to implement an automatic parsing, as exists for 5e etc. It would obviously make it more convenient to only need to copy&paste the text into the NPC's attack description field, and have the attack be automatically recognized from there. But for now, you'll have to create all powers manually, and use them from the NPC sheet that is linked to the combat tracker entry.

With the new FGU core update, there seems to be some interactions with the combat tracker with the ruleset that's causing constant errors. Is this an easy fix or will this require some serious tweaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Nonimo View Post
    With the new FGU core update, there seems to be some interactions with the combat tracker with the ruleset that's causing constant errors. Is this an easy fix or will this require some serious tweaking?
    Hi, thanks for letting me know. I was suspecting that something might break. I will take a look at it towards the end of the week.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information