Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

GM Rule Varients and Class Archtypes

At present you have implemented a couple of GM variant rules (Free Archetypes and Proficiency without Level). There are a few rule variants I use that can be simulated but would be better if the rules would not require a work around.

• Gradual Ability Boosts
    • Ancestry Paragon
    • Alternate Ancestry Boosts
    • Optional: Voluntary Flaws

Then there are the Class Archetype: Flexible Spellcaster, Elementalist, and others. I use the Flexible Spellcaster as a free option in my games.

Are any of the above currently on your rule system roadmap?

Thanks,
    Robert

We'll implement remastered core options at some point. Never say never, but I doubt we're going to spend dev time implementing legacy Gamemastery Guide variant rules.

Note that the legacy Gradual Ability Boosts and Ancestry Paragon can be handled manually. Gradual Ability boosts can be done by applying the earlier boosts to the abilities using CTRL+Mouse-wheel and then removing them when you select the normal boosts at level 5, 10, 15 and 20. Ancestry Paragon is simply a case of selecting the additional Ancestry Feats - an extra one at first level, then one every odd level.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Speaking of ability boosts - I don't believe the issue with the tracker not letting you change the level 15 or 20 ability boosts once set has ever been fixed.

I was reminded because in my gradual ability boosts campaign a couple of my players set their boosts wrong at level 15 (didn't match their earlier boosts), and so we've had to manually adjust to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Speaking of ability boosts - I don't believe the issue with the tracker not letting you change the level 15 or 20 ability boosts once set has ever been fixed.
    It's on the list of things to do, no ETA of when it will be implemented.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As I said, we are using a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Soon. Maybe, possibly...

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information