Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

SWADE Templates with area effect attacks

Hi,

Noob question here. Does the official FGU SWADE rule set have area effect attack templates? I can't seem to find them. If they are there, where can I find them? Also, is there a place that show you how to use them. I purchased the ones made by Pinnacle that are on Drivethrurpg, but can't find any documentation on how to use them. I believe that they are .PNG files and the card files that I purchased are .PDFs. Thanks,

Welcome to Savage Worlds / FGU!

The purchased templates are for D&D, so are jaggedy and don't cover quite the same area that Savage Worlds does. In SWADE, any square touched by the template counts.
    Also, you're correct in that they're image files that you (the GM) must manually add to the map, then delete. They're nice for marking things like hazards and ongoing effects, though.

The Savage templates are accessed via a right click on the map, then click "pointers" (the arrow), after which another radial menu appears with the various templates. Hover over each for the size. When you click one, click and drag a short distance on the map to make it appear. You can then move it around by dragging the tiny dot that appears when you hover over the template.

There's a Savage Worlds wiki that will help: Savage Worlds Ruleset Wiki. We're working on updating it.

Also, Doswelk (Furious Dice) and Jiminmonka have videos on YouTube.

Right-click on the active map, select the Arrow (hovering over it it will say "Pointers") and you'll find templates in there for SBT, MBT, LBT and Cone. That will drop it on the map and you, or your players, can just drag and drop it to where you need it to be. As for the "attack" part that will take setting all of the targets in your own using the Target (crosshair) icon in the Combat Tracker dragging it onto each of the targets affected so the attack/spellcasting roll can be applied against all the the targets at once.

Probably worth noting that lots of stuff in FGU revolves around using that right click, radial dial, menu so don't be afraid to right-click just about everywhere to see what comes up and what you can use doing that.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

And experiment with the Alt key.

Heck, even Ctrl and Shift, for that matter. Took me a while to figure out I needed to hold Shift to move characters from one section of a map to another to get them through walls/boundaries!
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Experiment with all the keys, except Alt + F4. You may expect it to open whatever you have on your alt hotbar in space F4. That's not what happens.
    There are a few key combos like that. Experiment while NOT connected to a game, especially if you're the GM.
    The exception being, if you have an annoying player, tell them to put something in the Alt F4 hotbar position that they use alot.

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information