Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 35 of 37 First ... 253334353637 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by devinlc View Post
    I did and still get the error. Let me create a new campaign and see what happens.

Devin
    Started a new Vanilla BRP campaign with no extensions. Got the error message.

I note that the previous poster was also getting the same messages but then said "never mind". I wonder what happened to them?

BTW, I also get the white on white issue the other person mentioned.

Devin
    Last edited by devinlc; August 15th, 2024 at 01:54.

Did a bit more poking. I notice that the header of the CT seems a bit messed up. That might be the cause of the error. If you look at the attached picture and look carefully at the very upper leftmost part of the CT, you can see what is basically black letters all jumbled together. These seem to be the rest of the headers for the CT that should be alongside Name and Init. If I mouse over that jumble, in fact, I get a tooltip explaining Strike Ranks.

Also, you can see the white on white on the names of the PCs in the upper left of the screen.

Devin
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe it's the theme with the combination of the extensions you are using. Here is the desktop with no errors and how the CT should look when opened.
    Screenshot from 2024-08-14 21-07-31.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I believe it's the theme with the combination of the extensions you are using. Here is the desktop with no errors and how the CT should look when opened.
    Screenshot from 2024-08-14 21-07-31.png
    Weird. As I said, I created a new campaign with no extensions and no theme and still had the issue, but I will poke into it more and see what I can see.

Devin

I can suggest deleting the ruleset in your rulesets folder and then doing another update to download a fresh copy. This can be accessed from the folder icon on the first screen you see when starting FG. I would suggest only the ruleset and no other files.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I can suggest deleting the ruleset in your rulesets folder and then doing another update to download a fresh copy. This can be accessed from the folder icon on the first screen you see when starting FG. I would suggest only the ruleset and no other files.
    Thanks. Fixed.

I need to remember that!

Devin

Just pushed an update that should address the Wood theme nameplate coloring issue. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just pushed an update that should address the Wood theme nameplate coloring issue. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yep. That fixed it Thanks!

Skills who's base is calculated do not calculate when dragged to the character sheet

When you drop a skill that has a base chance that is a formula (such as dodge) on the character sheet, its base chance is not calculated.

To replicate:

Change the dodge skill in the table "Skills" in scripts/manager_gameline.lua so that dodge reads:
    Code:
    ["Dodge"] = { Base="DEX*2", Category="Physical", Untrained=true },
    Now dodge is no longer a default skill.

Reload the ruleset. Create a new character. Drag the dodge skill onto the character sheet. The base skill value is empty. If you reload the ruleset, you will force a re-calculation and the skill value will be properly calculated.

This is a problem to me because I'm adapting an extension so that all skill base chances are formulas, so when I drag skills to the character sheet the base chance remains at zero.

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at it when I get a chance.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Page 35 of 37 First ... 253334353637 Last

Thread Information