Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already ... what about conversions for the adventures It Came from the Vast, and Shards of the Glass Planet?. Is there a schedule for those conversions?

thx
    WR
    In the works. SOON™

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Sorry if this has been asked already ... what about conversions for the adventures It Came from the Vast, and Shards of the Glass Planet?. Is there a schedule for those conversions?

thx
    WR
    FWIW, I ran Shards without a conversion and it was pretty painless. Neither of the maps need vision blocking, so you basically just need to build out like... three bestiary entries and you are more or less good to go.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, sir.

Another question, since I just noticed ... were the pre-gen SF2 1st and 5th level characters not added to the FG playtest material? Or are they posted somewhere else? Kind of difficult to playtest something without the playtest pre-gens. Do we have to build them ourselves? Ugh ...

WR

Thank you, sir.

Another question, since I just noticed ... were the pre-gen SF2 1st and 5th level characters not added to the FG playtest material? Or are they posted somewhere else? Kind of difficult to playtest something without the playtest pre-gens. Do we have to build them ourselves? Ugh ...

WR
    I started working on them but, I have not gotten very far. I will try to get them done. No ETA though.
    You can create your own characters, and you do not have to use the pregens.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I'm a bit confused at what I'd need to just build a PC to import into a FGU campaign I'll soon be playing in? I'm not looking to run a SF2e adventure anytime soon, just build a couple of PCs.
    At the beginning of this thread it mentioned a SFRPG2 ruleset. I can't find any such ruleset DLC on Steam or the fantasygrounds store - just the Second Edition Playtest Rulebook. One of my PCs is a mystic and some of the content for it is in PF2e Player Core. I don't want to buy the PF2e Player Core + 2e Playtest Rulebook DLCs just to build a PC; those 2 DLCs together cost over $100 in my countries (CDN) currency.

I've been building some PCs in the SF2e Playtest content for Herolab and when I come upon something that is in the PF2e Player Core, it allows me to link to it. It does that even though I don't own the PF2e PC content.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if that necessary PF2e PC content is also provided with the FGU SF2e Playtest DLC?

And for a follow up question in case it isn't; can I still add feats, spells, domains, etc. in the Playtest module the way I could for any other FGU ruleset module?

...Another question, since I just noticed ... were the pre-gen SF2 1st and 5th level characters not added to the FG playtest material?...
    Where do you get these playtest pregens? I own the PDFs for SF2 Playtest Rulebook, Second Contact, Field Test #5, Shards of the Glass Planet and It Came from the Vast. There are no such Pregens in any of those. Is there another PDF I need?
    Last edited by kronovan; September 2nd, 2024 at 22:04.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    I'm a bit confused at what I'd need to just build a PC to import into a FGU campaign I'll soon be playing in? I'm not looking to run a SF2e adventure anytime soon, just build a couple of PCs.
    At the beginning of this thread it mentioned a SFRPG2 ruleset. I can't find any such ruleset DLC on Steam or the fantasygrounds store - just the Second Edition Playtest Rulebook. My PC is a mystic and some of the content for it is in PF2e Player Core. I don't want to buy the PF2e Player Core + 2e Playtest Rulebook DLCs just to build a PC; those 2 DLCs together cost over $100 in my countries (CDN) currency.

I've been building some PCs in the SF2e Playtest content for Herolab and when I come upon something that is in the PF2e Player Core, it allows me to link to it. It does that even though I don't own the PF2e PC content.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if that necessary PF2e PC content is also provided with the FGU SF2e Playtest DLC?
    As mentioned in post #1 of this thread, there's a SFRPG2 "Starfinder (2E Playtest)" ruleset and an ORC license version of the Starfinder Playtest Rules module included with Fantasy Grounds. As the PF2 Player Core and GM Core also have ORC license modules included with Fantasy Grounds, you don't need to purchase anything to create a Starfinder playtest PC using the ORC license modules.

Create a new campaign using the "Starfinder (2E Playtest)" ruleset, and in the "Campaign Setup" window click next to the Data Modules screen and click on the "Starfinder 2 Playtest - ORC License" button to load the ORC modules you'll need to create a PC.

And for a follow up question in case it isn't; can I still add feats, spells, domains, etc. in the Playtest module the way I could for any other FGU ruleset module?
    Usual FG functionality is the same. So, yes, you can do all of this.

Where do you get these playtest pregens? I own the PDFs for SF2 Playtest Rulebook, Second Contact, Field Test #5, Shards of the Glass Planet and It Came from the Vast. There are no such Pregens in any of those. Is there another PDF I need?
    https://paizo.com/starfinderplaytest - scroll down to the More Resources -> Pregenerated Characters section.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, many thanks for the reply, links and info.

While I did read about the ORC License version of the playtest rules in this thread, I completely misunderstood what it was - all makes sense now. With Herolab not having any export options yet for Playtest PC's, I'm strongly considering getting the Playtest DLC for FGU.

I read this earlier in the thread and it probably accounts for what I experienced when I created my Mystic...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There's no code in the system right now to cater for that because backgrounds usually have fixed boosts. We'll also need to code for the eventuality of players selecting their deity after selecting their background. We'll need to look at a short term solution of at least allowing the background boosts to be added later (via the cycler controls in the chargen tracker) as currently those aren't enabled.
    After I took the Deity's Domain feat, there was no automation or even a way for me to slot in a Domain. As it is, I dragged & dropped the Domain from the 'Lookup Data' window into my [Notes] > [Deities] tab, just so my PC would at least have a record of it. I also found the correct domain spell and successfully dropped it into my [Actions] > 'Focus Spells' section. The problem now though, is that I have no way of deleting that entry out of the [Deities] tab if support for Domains is added later - doh!

I'm assuming support for Domains will eventually be added?
    Or is there already a way of doing this, but I just missed it?

BTW excellent work by you and madman on the Playtest ruleset and the PF2 ORK.

[Edit] I'm also assuming the rest of the SF2e deities will eventually be added to the 'Lookup Data' > [Deities] tab? Currently only Abadar is listed.
    Last edited by kronovan; September 3rd, 2024 at 21:57.

I'm assuming support for Domains will eventually be added?
    The problem with domains is that they can operate differently for different classes and multiclass archetypes, so there's not a straightforward way to automate them. We may look at handling domains better in the future, for now the "Deities" section of the PC Notes tab is where links to things like domains can be added for easier reference.

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Thread Information