Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Using CoreRPG Ruleset

Hi There,
    I have 2 questions in regards to the CoreRPG Ruleset.

1. I would like to expand on the existing ruleset and add features such as attacks, hits and misses, as well as effects to be automatically applied. Is there a manual or wiki available to provide more insight and instructions on how to use and customize the ruleset?

2. I ran a test game this past weekend. All of the players ran 2 characters each. We found that even when they switched between characters for rolls, only the first one selected appeared in the chat box. However, the rolls results from the selected character appeared. Are there any ideas or thoughts on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1. That's how all the other official rulesets are built. They layer on top of the existing ruleset to change the individual sheets and record types to customize for each system. The best way to do this is to one of the existing rulesets; and begin to scan through the files to see what is getting defined and ask questions. Also, I recommend reviewing the Developer Guide on the wiki, as well as finding a good multi-file search text editor (such as Notepad++, Sublime Test, etc.).

2. The PC whose name is in bold on the top of the screen is the player's "active" character, which would be used for any chat or pick up dice rolls. When rolling from a sheet, it always uses that character. To switch active characters, the player can click on the portrait at the top to change which character is "active" for chat.

Regards,
    JPG

OK, thanks. I'll check into this.

Yes, I was thinking about XCore...or More Core...

Thanks!

Thread Information