DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Savage Worlds Release Updates for August 13th, 2024

Savage Worlds Release Updates for August 13th, 2024

Please remember not to update right before a game starts.

In order for some of the updates to be visible, you may need to open the Module Activation window from Library->Activation, right click on the module and select "revert changes". Be warned, any edits you've made will be lost.

Note: Hotfixes are to fix an immediate problem that prevents using a product. They are not fully tested and may introduce other issues. If you have issues with a hotfix please contact support.

New Functionality / Changes
    Added "category" field to the Items, Armor, Weapon, Vehicle, Cyberware windows.
    Added "short description" field to Edge, Skill, Power, Weapon windows.
    Added "category" filter to Items list view.
    Added Items by Category list view.
    Added Skill Details list view.
    Added type filter to Edges list.
    Added Edges by Rank list view.
    Added rank column to Edges By Type list view.
    Added Vehicles by Category list view.
    Added category column to Vehicles by Group list view.
    Added type filter to NPC list.
    Added NPCs Details list view.
    Added NPCs by Type list view.
    Added the ability to drop effects onto armor and gear items and have the effect added to notes.
    The Modifications list and mod counts now display for all armor and item types.
    Added sidebar buttons for Modifications, Cyberware, HQ, and HQ Rooms.
    Power points on specific powers on devices no longer disappear when reaching 0. They also stay active in read only mode so they can be easily adjusted.
    Moved the use button to the left of the power points field for consistency.
    In Combat Tracker, a blank line is no longer added to the Effects list. There's now an add button to add an effect.
    Players can now maintain their own powers. A button will appear when the power has one round left. This will maintain it on all targets of that power.
    Players can now remove power effects from targets in Combat Tracker that they applied. This removes that effect of that specific power from all affected targets when clicking the "remove effect" button.
    Players can now remove the following effects: Prone, Cover, Called Shot, LIGHT, VISION, Dark Sight, Low Light Vision, Nightvision, Infravision.
    On host Combat Tracker, the GM can now delete an effect of a power cast on multiple targets by holding the Alt key when clicking the "remove effect" button.

Bug Fixes
    Device activation dice could not be set.
    In CT, when deleting the active combatant, the Current Turn arrow would disappear. It would reset to the top of the list when clicking the Next Actor button.
    Clicking on the next actor button would cause an error when clients were connected.
    When clients show cards, all cards were displayed.
    Various errors in the client Combat Tracker were fixed.
    Fixed layout issues on the client Combat Tracker.
    Characters on host Combat Tracker don't set background when targeted or untargeted.

Extension Creators
    You can add additional effects that can be removed by players by calling this new function:
    Code:
    ActionEffect.registerPlayerCancelEffect("Command")
    The above example adds the Command effect.
    You can remove an effect by calling:
    Code:
    ActionEffect.removePlayerCancelEffect("Command")
    The above example removes the Command effect.

To get a list of current player-removable effects, use this new function:
    Code:
    ActionEffect.getPlayerCancelEffects()
    Savage Worlds Deluxe
    Fixed vehicle list toughness header.
    Added category to Vehicles by Group list view.

Sprawlrunners
    Updated cyberware inventory list to display total strain correctly.
    Fixed strain derived stat.
    Updated to match changes to CoreRPG and SWADE ruleset.

IZ2
    Fixes to cyberware functionality.

IZ3
    Fixes to cyberware functionality.

Savage Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide
    The cyberware button now appears on the sidebar under Player.
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; August 14th, 2024 at 15:25.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I think there's a bug in how the Load Limit is calculated. It doesn't look like the Load Limit is updated correctly for SWADE when Strength is increased; ie when Strength is d6 the Load Limit is 40lbs, d8 is 60lbs, etc

I'm also using Deadlands Weird West though; not sure if that's a factor.

I noticed this in my game tonight too.
    Are you using any extensions?

No extensions; we're all brand new to Fantasy Grounds and just trying to figure out how to make characters. I only have the SWADE, Deadlands Weird West + Companion, and the Blood Drive modules loaded.

What, exactly, are you seeing? Does the load limit not change when the strength die is changed? Is the load limit changing but incorrect?
    Is gear being equipped and unequipped?

I saw this also, and found there is a setting in Options to change the weight per die of strength.
    Edited to add: it was defaulted to 10; changing it to 20 made it match up with PFSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    What, exactly, are you seeing? Does the load limit not change when the strength die is changed? Is the load limit changing but incorrect?
    Is gear being equipped and unequipped?
    Load limit on a new character sheet did change as strength die is increased, but the default formula appears incorrect for SWADE. At a d4 strength assigned, the Load Limit is 10lb (without carrying anything / no equipment / anything in Inventory) when according to SWADE it should be 20lb. But when the d6 Strength is assigned, the Load Limit is 20lb (but should be 40lb) even after clicking the "Update Load Limit" button; similarly when d8 Strength the Load Limit is 30lb but should be 60lb; d10 Str reports 40lb but should be 80lb; d12 Str reports 50lb but should be 100lb.

But apparently the setting in Options per dogfisc's discovery to change the weight per die of Strength from the default 10 to 20 made it match up with SWADE!

I'm glad you figured that out.
    What happened in my game is that a player has a utility belt with [Load Strength +1] on it. Items like that won't auto-update. You must press the little button in the load limit box to force an update.
    If it looks like the load is off, or encumbered is flagged when it shouldn't, press that little button and it will sort itself out.

I reverted changes to my core books since I could see no changes. Now I get errors whenever I open an item:
    [ERROR] window: Control (mods_label) anchoring to an undefined control (columanchor) in windowsclass (weapon_main)
    and I can still see no changes. Guess I broke something?

Have you tried running with no extensions?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information