Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    your assumption is correct they are unlikely to "see" each other when they are nested in different windowlists, but of course if they were on the same window, you could have just changed the name of the field and any calls to it to something else so that they didn't interfere with each other. You cannot have 2 fields with the same name under the same parent database node, but if they do not have a common parent there is no problem.

In this case you are happy they are on different window/windowlists, the problem will be when you have something in one window/windowlist and you DO want it to interact with the other list, trying to get them to talk to each other can be a challenge (I'm currently struggling with windowlists of windowlists, contained within subwindows of windows...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    ... (I'm currently struggling with windowlists of windowlists, contained within subwindows of windows...)
    Now that's a character sheet, I'd like to see.

Baz.

well, if you are messing about with d20_JPG, you have probably already seen something like that - although it doesn't look that complicated to the naked eye.
    The spells page of the character sheet is a sub window of charactersheet, and it contains a window list for classes (the d20 rulesets allow you to have 3 multiclasses, all of which could be spellcasting)
    each class windowlist contains a windowlist for spell levels, and each spell level contains another windowlist that contains the actual spells for that level (and class).

On the page it looks much simpler, but the code behind it is quite complex, with a number of separate script files to support the actions of the main Charactersheet_spells.xml file.

I am using the d20_JPG ruleset for reference along with a couple of other rule-sets, but I'm still working on my main page which thankfully doesn't reference spells and combat. I have had the occasional "brush" with these sections, but I was deliberately looking away.

As far as hidden complexities, that is what has suprised me; the way in which templates, and referenced LUA scripts etc can hide the web of complexity that these rule-sets have.

Baz.

I know this is an old thread. But i really want to say thank you to All forum members. Here Are so many helpful explainations. And its possible to create a lua script, that solves a Problem i had, to sum up list values constantly. So, Cheers to All of you.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information