Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Table Resolver: Some help needed

Newby again here.

I am just doing my first steps withing FG. To get used to it, I am trying to use the Romelmaster Classic Ruleset with FGU, but for the time being only as a tool for me as the GM while still playing physically around a table with my friends.

Frustratingly, I do not get the Table Resolver to work. I have looked at the great tutorial videos from Wolfshield Games, but I cannot replicate what they are showing. Maybe it is because in between things changed from FGC to FGU, but probably it is me. So for example, in the Wolfshield "Combat Run Through", as soon as an attack roll is done, the Table Resolver comes up and shows which actor attacked which other actor and what the result of the dice roll was. Then you just right click on the sub-window and chose "resolve" - and the Table Resolver automatically cross references the attack (including all relevant bonuses) with the armor class to show you the result.

Unfortunately, for me, nothing like that happens, see screenshot.Table resolver issue.jpg
    My "Large, wolfish looking dog" has attacked the "Dunedain fighter" and rolled a 17. Nothing of this appears in the Table Resolver window. I also do not succeed in dragging the dice throw result into the Table Resolver window.

EDIT/ADDITION: I also realize that when i start a new combat (or at least I think that is what I do, by deleteing everybody from the combat tracker and then adding new actors to it), the field "Roll Stack" of the Table resolver stays the same. Concretely, I have newly added an orc and a new PC to the combat tracker and deleted everybody else. When I roll an attack of the Orc on the PC, the Table resolver pops up, but shows no action at all. In the field "Roll Stack", still the "Lagere, wolfish looking dog" is mentioned, even though it is not at all participating in the combat (I have deleted it from the combat tracker).

What am I doing wrong? Is there any up to date tutorial on how to use the resolver?
    Last edited by jowe01; August 12th, 2024 at 08:17.

Script error?

Still playing around with this. I drgged some table manually into the Table Resolver, the somehow could execute a critical via the right-click context menu and had an "Apply" button appear. Clicked on it and got a script error, see attachment.

Does anybody understand this?
    Script error.jpg

Any help? Anyone? ....

... because this is really .., making Rolemaster on FG basically impossible

Have you asked on the FG Discord server? I will post a message there so someone that uses RC has a look.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Hi Jowe01,

It looks like things are appearing in the Roll Stack section where you can resolve them but the window is too small to get the scrollbar. Can you resizing it by grabbing the lower right corner so it is bigger vertically? That should allow you to resolve it by clicking the Resolve button that is below the die result in the Roll Stack for each entry.

In the Combat section of the Options that you can get to using the Gear icon in the top right corner. There are some options specifically for the Table Resolver that you might find useful. There is one that will clear an entry from the stack when you resolve it which can speed things up if you turn it On. I leave it off when testing things but usually have it On.

For the Apply button, you really need to resolve it using a roll from the Table Resolver because the Table Resolver is looking for an attacker, sometimes a defender (depending on the roll), a column and a row. This allows it to determine which table cell to apply to who. The error you got is because the Table Resolver couldn't figure out the attacker so couldn't run the code properly.

Also, just in case you are doing it manually, you can use the Menu button on the Combat Tracker to remove all the enemies or neutral NPCs, just go to the trashcan icon to the right and you can choose which you want to do.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Jowe01,

It looks like things are appearing in the Roll Stack section where you can resolve them but the window is too small to get the scrollbar. Can you resizing it by grabbing the lower right corner so it is bigger vertically? That should allow you to resolve it by clicking the Resolve button that is below the die result in the Roll Stack for each entry.

In the Combat section of the Options that you can get to using the Gear icon in the top right corner. There are some options specifically for the Table Resolver that you might find useful. There is one that will clear an entry from the stack when you resolve it which can speed things up if you turn it On. I leave it off when testing things but usually have it On.

For the Apply button, you really need to resolve it using a roll from the Table Resolver because the Table Resolver is looking for an attacker, sometimes a defender (depending on the roll), a column and a row. This allows it to determine which table cell to apply to who. The error you got is because the Table Resolver couldn't figure out the attacker so couldn't run the code properly.

Also, just in case you are doing it manually, you can use the Menu button on the Combat Tracker to remove all the enemies or neutral NPCs, just go to the trashcan icon to the right and you can choose which you want to do.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    I am really feeling stupid now (but happy to be able to go on with RM on FG :-) ). Yes, my issue was indeed just as trivial as the Table Resolver being cut off just before I could see the roll result that i could apply. Slap me with a wet fish ... . My excuse is that this was the first time I used the resolver and that it looks diferent from what I see in the old Wolfshield videos. Still, should have thought of this. Thank you very mch Dakadin and Jiminimonka for being so helpful and friendly!

Hi jowe01,

I said it on discord but wanted to say it hear also. It wasn't really a mistake on your part that you couldn't see the stack entries in the Table Resolver. I added a few more fields to provide additional functionality which pushed the stack list further down. I didn't realize the minimum size was cutting it off so I need to increase that to prevent confusion in the future so that is my mistake and not yours.

Also don't ever hesitate to ask questions.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi jowe01,

I said it on discord but wanted to say it hear also. It wasn't really a mistake on your part that you couldn't see the stack entries in the Table Resolver. I added a few more fields to provide additional functionality which pushed the stack list further down. I didn't realize the minimum size was cutting it off so I need to increase that to prevent confusion in the future so that is my mistake and not yours.

Also don't ever hesitate to ask questions.

Dakadin
    Thank you for your kind words!

Thread Information