Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Question about Temple of Elemental Evil and 2E ruleset.

Greetings folks.
    I am considering running a 1e/2e campaign. I like elements of both systems and see that 2e official books are available here. A couple of questions.
    > Can I run the mega module ToE in the 2E rule set and do I need some extensions?
    There are some elements from 1e I love and like to keep is there a way to do so?
    What official rules books do I need from FG? I am thinking PHB, DMG and the Monster manuals that I can get. Fiend folio? MM2? here as well?

Any issues that folks know about and that I can address or work around early to keep things moving?

I am familiar with FG as I have an established Pathfinder2e campaign since we launched Unity. Im assuming similar functionality here in AD&D and just a relearning of how to write things in the combat tracker.

Any advice is welcome.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

You can run ToEE with only the PH and DMG. All the NPCs are included in the module so technically you do not need the Monster Manual.

There is an OSIRIC extension you can use to bring in more 1st edition flavor if you want but it is not needed.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Greetings folks.
    I am considering running a 1e/2e campaign. I like elements of both systems and see that 2e official books are available here. A couple of questions.
    > Can I run the mega module ToE in the 2E rule set and do I need some extensions?
    There are some elements from 1e I love and like to keep is there a way to do so?
    What official rules books do I need from FG? I am thinking PHB, DMG and the Monster manuals that I can get. Fiend folio? MM2? here as well?

Any issues that folks know about and that I can address or work around early to keep things moving?

I am familiar with FG as I have an established Pathfinder2e campaign since we launched Unity. Im assuming similar functionality here in AD&D and just a relearning of how to write things in the combat tracker.

Any advice is welcome.
    You should be able to run ToEE w/o any additional extensions in AD&D 2e (I do). The adventure itself is converted to maintain the original challenge/intent/level. So it uses the 1e version style of demons/devils/dragons and giants. I've run it a few times and had no issues myself.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset FGU Reference Module, or Web.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information