GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213
    Not expecting immediate fix, but can someone confirm my last message has been noted, please

I passed it to the Symbaroum developer; but as he mentioned before, he has been taken away by his primary commitments. I'm not familiar with the code to know where it might be; since it's not a Core-related issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi,

Yes! I'm hoping to get some time this weekend. It seems like a bit of a trickier issue, especially since there's doesn't seem to be any lua-debugger for this project.

I'll let you know as soon as I have something!

Cheers,
    Simon

Thanks Moon Wizard / Simon - just wanted to check you had noticed the report.

Good luck, Simon!

Just checking if any progress, as it has been a couple of weeks (while recognising people busy)

Just checking if any progress on issue reported in mid July, which makes game unplayable (Very slow dice rolls).

I recognise Simon is busy, but (this more for Fantasy Grounds team) I would hope for and frankly expect some level of ability to address game breaking issues that arise. I totally get that Symbaroum must account for a tiny fraction of games being run, and maybe a different model needed for more niche games like Symbaroum, but the lack of support is really poor. In contrast, issues in Traveller and Shadow of the Demon Lord are fixed in a day or so, with rapid responses.

If you can reproduce the error (I.e. not an issue at my end somehow) then I would seriously consider preventing further purchase of the ruleset until issue addressed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by agoldsmi55 View Post
    Just checking if any progress on issue reported in mid July, which makes game unplayable (Very slow dice rolls).

I recognise Simon is busy, but (this more for Fantasy Grounds team) I would hope for and frankly expect some level of ability to address game breaking issues that arise. I totally get that Symbaroum must account for a tiny fraction of games being run, and maybe a different model needed for more niche games like Symbaroum, but the lack of support is really poor. In contrast, issues in Traveller and Shadow of the Demon Lord are fixed in a day or so, with rapid responses.

If you can reproduce the error (I.e. not an issue at my end somehow) then I would seriously consider preventing further purchase of the ruleset until issue addressed.
    Can you attach a test campaign for us to review?

Very happy to, Doug. It will be Sunday morning (as quick day out in London tomorrow)

Apologies for the moan above but the lack of responsiveness not my usual experience of FGU.

Blog Entries
    No need to apologize.

Building on my bug report on 13th July

1: As requested by Doug, I attach the test campaign, Symbar-test, zipped copy of the campaign folder
    (note that as per bug report, the campaign is 'empty' - no story entries, images etc.
    2: I also attach the logs (created via console window)
    3: Also a screenshot (showing the test character created and that the campaign is empty)

I repeated the test today, following steps in my bug report and issue still there.

All machine details etc can be found from 13th July report - only difference is version now at V4.5.10, dated 20th Aug 2024.
    (I am using Syrinscape functionality, so linked to my Syrinscape account, *but* I've not done anything in the test campaign , so no sound sets created etc)

I hope the attached helps you reproduce the error and (fingers crossed) resolve it ... looking forward to completing the Wrath of the Warden campaign once
    dice rolls stop taking an age to appear!

Best Regards
    Andy

Screenshot 2024-08-31 184012.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by agoldsmi55; August 31st, 2024 at 19:27. Reason: Extra detail

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213

Thread Information