DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Need help for Gencon! Please help!

I am trying to run Fantasy grounds with no internet. I have a router and two laptops. When I start the GM machine and load in Lan mode and go to /info I see two IPs 127.0.0.1:1802 and 192.168.127.1

On the player machine I have tried both IPs and neither works. How do I connect the player machine? THank you!

You posted in the FG Classic house of healing, but I think you're using FG Unity so I've move this post.

You need to make sure that the player laptop can ping the GM laptop on 192.168.127.1. Open a command prompt and type ping 192.168.127.1 If this doesn't connect, check what IP address the player laptop has been assigned - it should be 192.168.127.XX. If it's not in that range, then you're not assigning an IP address in the correct range - try assigning a static IP address in that format.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok thanks, as an update, I got the ip to connect on the gaming machine, but now it says that I have unauthorized copy on my host machine. BTW my host machine is running Windows 7. I run in cloud mode all the time.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    ok thanks, as an update, I got the ip to connect on the gaming machine, but now it says that I have unauthorized copy on my host machine. BTW my host machine is running Windows 7. I run in cloud mode all the time.

Any suggestions?
    You need an Internet connection when connecting to an Ultimate license. It briefly connects to the SmiteWorks servers to verify the license key is valid. You'll need to have a brief Internet connection from your player laptop to do this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok I think I can work that. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You need an Internet connection when connecting to an Ultimate license. It briefly connects to the SmiteWorks servers to verify the license key is valid. You'll need to have a brief Internet connection from your player laptop to do this.
    Only thing I'm worried about is switching between networks because it needs to be on one network to connect to the internet but needs to be on the router network to connect to the host laptop.

Throw your phone into hotspot for the startup and it can ping the server through your phone. You can then turn hotspot off once everyone is connected.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Throw your phone into hotspot for the startup and it can ping the server through your phone. You can then turn hotspot off once everyone is connected.
    This will not work for 99% of people.
    You connect to your hotspot and you disconnect from the WLAN.

In terms of the Convention WiFi it probably has Wireless isolation enabled.
    That will also be an issue.

You might need a decent sized battery and run all your computers of the Hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This will not work for 99% of people.
    You connect to your hotspot and you disconnect from the WLAN.

In terms of the Convention WiFi it probably has Wireless isolation enabled.
    That will also be an issue.

You might need a decent sized battery and run all your computers of the Hotspot.
    I had to use the hotspot because the one time connect thing didn't work with the router.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    I had to use the hotspot because the one time connect thing didn't work with the router.
    Interesting followup in that I did eventually get wifi there but strangely it was actually worse than tethering to a phone as a hotspot, it kept kicking out of FG from the player side and eventually would not connect at all. I ended going old school and just turning my extra monitor to the players every so often to show the map.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information