Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bug Report - While running PF1e with the Rise of the Runelords Module

I'm not sure if this is a module issue or a software issue in general, but I'm having saving issues when using ambient lighting and masking.

As you can see in the images attached, I am using no modules or extensions but the first Rise of the Runelords module.

Attachment 61451

Attachment 61452

After using ambient lighting, creating a mask, and adding light sources, everything looks fine.

Attachment 61450

Once I leave the session and return to the login screen and reload the session, the lighting looks incorrect until I turn off lighting and turn it back on again.

After Reloading.png

I also lose ambient lighting in any map after leaving the session and opening it again, so I assume it's some kind of ambient lighting issue with Fantasy Grounds are maybe the Pathfinder First Edition system.

Hopefully this is the right place to report this.

Thank you.

EDIT: Weird thing I just noticed. Toggling the camera from 2d to 3d and back to 2d also seems to fix the issue, so nothing is getting deleted. It's just some kind of graphical glitch.

EDIT: Tested a scene without masking and had the same light issue. I had to turn the lighting off and on to get it working correctly.
    Last edited by SEGApostle; August 3rd, 2024 at 02:13.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGApostle View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a module issue or a software issue in general, but I'm having saving issues when using ambient lighting and masking.

As you can see in the images attached, I am using no modules or extensions but the first Rise of the Runelords module.

Attachment 61451

Attachment 61452

After using ambient lighting, creating a mask, and adding light sources, everything looks fine.

Attachment 61450

Once I leave the session and return to the login screen and reload the session, the lighting looks incorrect until I turn off lighting and turn it back on again.

After Reloading.png

I also lose ambient lighting in any map after leaving the session and opening it again, so I assume it's some kind of ambient lighting issue with Fantasy Grounds are maybe the Pathfinder First Edition system.

Thank you.

EDIT: Weird thing I just noticed. Toggling the camera from 2d to 3d and back to 2d also seems to fix the issue, so nothing is getting deleted. It's just some kind of graphical glitch.

EDIT: Tested a scene without masking and had the same light issue. I had to turn the lighting off and on to get it working correctly.
    Try some other maps to see if the issue is persistent. It could be that the map needs some optimization, or perhaps you could have other things going on. Sometimes too many books, assets, and extensions can create performance issues.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

It happens in every scene with light sources even without any modules or extensions loaded. Turning the lighting off and on fixes it. Also switching from 3d back to 2d does as well. It's not a huge hassle, but definitely seems like a bug that needs to be addressed.

I was not able to recreate locally. I'm also running the latest beta test client, so there may be some differences there. Here's the steps I took:
    * Open PFRPG campaign
    * Load "Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1 Burnt Offerings" module
    * Open "Map - Sandpoint Glassworks"
    * Unlock map record
    * Choose Lighting panel
    * Select Ambient tool
    * Change ambient color to pink
    * Turn on ambient light
    * Click to add an ambient light mask
    * Draw a big square over the middle
    * Return to FG launch screen
    * Reload same campaign
    * Open same map
    * Seeing the same state that I left it in.

Perhaps you are choosing different steps? If it is incorrect immediately on load from an existing campaign, can you provide a copy of that campaign folder?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I was not able to recreate locally. I'm also running the latest beta test client, so there may be some differences there. Here's the steps I took:
    * Open PFRPG campaign
    * Load "Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1 Burnt Offerings" module
    * Open "Map - Sandpoint Glassworks"
    * Unlock map record
    * Choose Lighting panel
    * Select Ambient tool
    * Change ambient color to pink
    * Turn on ambient light
    * Click to add an ambient light mask
    * Draw a big square over the middle
    * Return to FG launch screen
    * Reload same campaign
    * Open same map
    * Seeing the same state that I left it in.

Perhaps you are choosing different steps? If it is incorrect immediately on load from an existing campaign, can you provide a copy of that campaign folder?

Regards,
    JPG
    Can you try adding a few light sources into the mask as well? That's where it usually happens.

Video Drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by SEGApostle View Post

Attachment 61451

Attachment 61452

Attachment 61450

After Reloading.png

Thank you.

Have you looked into newer video card drivers or video card settings yet?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Do you mean inside the building (i.e. in the part where ambient lighting is masked out)?

JPG

Okay, I tried these extra steps:

* Opened the campaign from above.
    * Added 3 "Torch" preset lights inside the building.
    * Turned on Player Preview mode.
    * Returned to FG Launcher
    * Loaded same campaign.
    * Opened same map.
    * I saw that the lights inside the mask were not drawing correctly; but the ambient light was fine.
    * As you mentioned, toggling the camera mode fixed the issue.

Is that what you were seeing?

I'll write up the issue I found for our image developer to look at when he returns in a couple weeks.

Regards,
    JPG

Can you provide a zipped up copy of your campaign folder?

I was able to recreate once; but not when I tried again. I'm thinking it's specific placement of lights/mask that cause issues; so an additional example from you will help our developer track down.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you provide a zipped up copy of your campaign folder?

I was able to recreate once; but not when I tried again. I'm thinking it's specific placement of lights/mask that cause issues; so an additional example from you will help our developer track down.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Looks like you were able to replicate it, yeah. I zipped up my campaign folder. Where should I sent it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information