DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    All of the new spells that appear in Xanathar are in both the DM and players module. Make sure that you have only shared the players version of the module and that only that module was used to create the character. If the DM version was used to create the character then the player won't be able to use the spell.
    I do use MNM UI module so I can choose which modules automatically load for players and I also use the extension that does not allow the players access to any books on their side, so maybe one or both extensions were messing with something (or the player did not actually have Xanathar's open, as I left it optional). As DM it did allow me to open the spell link from the players CS and I just clicked the share button and he had access. SInce it let me share then, and we were in the middle of combat, I didn't look any further and forgot about it until I saw this thread. Thing about Xan's Player mod not having the spells was just what I had figured the issue was off the top of my head at the time the issue was happening.

I have noticed in the past that some of the mods I have, with a separate DM and Player version, the player version does not have somethings in it that would be useful (but not really necessary) that are only in the DM version. Is it possible that the mods from Steam, DMsGuild, DrivethruRPG and FG store have different versions?

Oh, that has me thinking, I may need to go back to DTRPG and DMG to make sure I don't need some updates on any of my mods, it has been a few months. I've been trying to get any of the WotC stuff I have through Steam repurchased through FG store (not sure why, I just keep thinking of the issue I had with GameStop a decade or so ago, when they changed their platform and I lost everything I had ever bought there (I was really into NWN2 then and had to do a new install on a new computer to find out GameStop had messed me over, lol.) Fortunately, GOG had NWN2 still available for purchase, because GameStop had stopped selling it and Steam did not have it at the time (Steam may still not have it even though it has NWN1, lol). But I digress...

Any official Smiteworks modules from any source are exactly the same since no matter where you buy the module the file always gets downloaded from Smiteworks.

Players modules usually have everything that a player would need to create characters, classes, backgrounds, races, spells, and equipment. The DM module will only have DM related material; usually this will be NPCs, magic items, optional DM rules, and information that players wouldn't know about. However in some parts of some modules there's stuff that might be a bit ambiguous as to whether it's DM or player or both. In such cases I always err on the side that it's DM only material because the DM always has the option to share things but can't unshare bits of a module that is shared with players.

Finally before reporting possible bugs or issues; if you use extensions then make sure that you can replicate the issue in a new campaign without extensions, so that you can be sure the issue isn't caused by an extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread Information