Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Module Unloading for Players

I know this is the worst kind of bug report, but...

Yesterday, in order to run Starfinder, I switched from Test channel to Live channel, and then loaded a Starfinder campaign and ran it.

Today, to switch back to my Pathfinder campaign, I switched back to the Test channel and then loaded the Pathfinder campaign.

Afterwards, some of my players (but not all of them, and not just players that were in Starfinder) have reported that almost all of their modules in the Pathfinder campaign have spontaneously become unloaded, compared to when we last ran game two weeks ago.

I can't find any common denominator in which players were affected or not, I have no idea if this is repeatable or even related to Starfinder, but it's weird so I'm reporting it.

When you switch to the Test channel you are in a different channel within the fantasy grounds data folder (if you look in that folder you'll see a channels folder). So your campaign can exist in two different places and can be different if you don't copy over the campaign from one to the other when you switch. Part of your campaign files is a file (called modulestate.xml) which indicates which modules you have open and which you have shared. So it's possible that it's a conflict between your live campaign and the one on Test.

It isn't recommended to run your campaign in Test by the way; since the code isn't finalised and changes could make your campaign unplayable if you go back to live (worst case scenario of course).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This will probably be related to what Zacchaeus mentions. If the campaign was originally in live and then moved to test, then most players that switched to test wouldn't have their player cache data from live, which includes modules loaded. The gotcha here is that the first time you switch to test on your computer, all of the data from live will be copied into the channels\test directory - this will only be done once, it won't be done again if you swith to live then back to test. So if a player has only recently switched to test then they would have recent cache data from live, whereas those who switched to test a while ago won't have recent cache data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The odd thing here is that one of the players who was affected wasn't in the Starfinder campaign - in other words, they never switched off of Test.

Still, it's probably related somehow and I'll chalk it up as a freak occurrence. If it happens consistently or I find some way to force it to happen, I'll report back.

Thread Information