GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There is nothing to stop you as an individual entering the material in yourself, and if you stick to materials covered under whatever open licenses Paizo is currently using you can share the materials for free. Various people have spent thousands (that is not a typo) of hours building the ruleset and converting material, in addition to the cost and effort that Paizo spent developing the system and content. I think that everyone involved deserves the small amount of money they each get from the content sales.
    Lack of instructions from Paizo is stopping me. I can't even figure out how to create my own ancestries. The best online instructions are "purchase this book and see how they did it so you can do it too."

Quote Originally Posted by Markimedes View Post
    Lack of instructions from Paizo is stopping me. I can't even figure out how to create my own ancestries. The best online instructions are "purchase this book and see how they did it so you can do it too."
    Since the ORC versions of the core books are available free now, you could modify those instructions to "load this free module and see how they did it so you can do it too".

Ancestries are pretty high on the complexity scale as far as FG automation goes - I'd say only classes are more complex. But the flip side of that is, once you figure it out you should be ready for about anything else FG can throw at you.

Of course you can also ask for help here on the forums. Plenty of people (like me!) have a good amount of experience doing Fantasy Grounds automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Markimedes View Post
    See this video that goes through the ORC data - there's also the Monster Core ORC since this video: https://youtu.be/WHdhzzz5DlA

This gives you an idea of the PF2 ORC data available as part your FG license and how to access it. Then, as @MaxAstro mentions, you can use these as examples for other ancestries you may want to build.

Also, the Player Core 2 ORC data will be out later this month.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread Information