5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    I may be mistaken, but editing a module that way (and the creating a new module from the new campaign) would break all links in the stories, NPCs, classes, table, etc., that are specific to the original module. You would need to replace all links from, using the links from the current campaign.

Atleast, that is what has happened to me when I attempted that.
    You do need to be careful in your module making campaign not to delete records, only edit the original records; otherwise, yes, you could break a link that has already been used in an older version of the module. It won't however, as Zaccheaus mentions, break all links - only the links to records that no longer actually exist.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    See link in my sig about Adventure module creation. The attachment has a section on how to update your development campaign and re-export to module to manage your updates.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I"m super new and just want to make sure I understand, please.
    I am creating a homebrew world partly and want to have a reference in game to the rules, as well as the story and notes, etc. I run this same world in multiple games.

So, I should create a worldbuilding campaign, create my "Module" (i'm not sure that is the right term) in the campaign section of the book area. Then i can move that file to multiple campaigns and it will update there as i update it in each campaign, without changing the other campaigns? And then I have a blank - master module, so to speak, in my worldbuilding campaign?

Also - how do you hide pages or chapters within the book please? I do not see that option.

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonsdiceanddabbing View Post
    I"m super new and just want to make sure I understand, please.
    I am creating a homebrew world partly and want to have a reference in game to the rules, as well as the story and notes, etc. I run this same world in multiple games.

So, I should create a worldbuilding campaign, create my "Module" (i'm not sure that is the right term) in the campaign section of the book area. Then i can move that file to multiple campaigns and it will update there as i update it in each campaign, without changing the other campaigns? And then I have a blank - master module, so to speak, in my worldbuilding campaign?

Also - how do you hide pages or chapters within the book please? I do not see that option.
    Yes, you want to create a world building campaign and create your story book (not notes - you cannot export notes; so use either story entries or advanced story entries). Once you have completed creating the pages you want then you can export that to a module and you can then open that module in any other campaign. If you need to add more information or edit the information you already have then you go back into the creation campaign and do your edits and additions there. Then export again to the same module.

You cannot have part of a module being DM only and part being player only. If you have information that you want to share with players either create a separate players module by creating another creation campaign and export that to a players module. Or you can create only a DM module and just share individual pages with your players as you would share anything else.

You may find some of the videos here useful https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity particularly twenty six and forty one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    See the link in my signature about Adventure Module Creation. Note that this predates the existence of Books (aka Reference Manuals) and Advanced Stories, but everything (and more) I talk about doing with Stories can be done with Advanced Stories within Books.

As Mr. Z says, create two development campaigns, one for player facing and one for GM only info. When you export, you will want to change the options you use so that players can load the player module and not the GM module. See here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...#Module-Export

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you both -

I"m trying and reading and wishing i was more tech savvy. I have questions, but let me dig further first- I cannot even articulate them well. lol. thanks again for your instructionals and your answers and time.

Blog Entries
    Also avail yourself of the official FG and the FG Academy Discords. Often you can get immediate and interactive support.
    https://discord.gg/STbmJ5sv
    https://discord.gg/fantasy-grounds-a...96544308051979

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information