Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Rituals tab on ETU character sheet

I'm not sure if something has changed with the recent updates to FG. I could have sworn a Rituals tab used to be on the character sheet for ETU, but now I don't see one. I'm using SWADE ruleset, and have loaded the "Feature SW: East Texas University" as well as "Theme SW: East Texas University".

Looking at the history in the source control system; I don't see a Rituals tab anywhere in the last several years at least.

I do see that Ritualism is set up as an Arcane magic type in the Features extension. I'm not familiar with SW, but I assume you would set up Ritualism similar to other arcane magic types?

Regards,
    JPG

Do you see Rituals in the list of arcane backgrounds? If you drag it to the character sheet, it should appear on the Powers tab.

There is a Ritualism skill listed (which under SWADE rules is just Occult now). There isn't a Ritualism arcane background l isted. The change log in S2P10310FG2.ext states there is a new arcane background for ritualism, but that does not show up in the Edges list in a new ETU campaign with ETU modules loaded in FGU.

I don't know what the XML means, but i know in S2P10310FG2-theme.ext there are graphics 'icon_indicator_ritual.png'.

I seem to recall either a tab for the rituals list, or a dedicated notes section (the ETU notes has sections for notes, background, and xtracurricular activities) to list the rituals a char may know. I'm not sure if I'm just imagining that, or if it used to be there and now isn't.

I've submitted a report to the original developer for ETU to have a look. Or, perhaps, Mike has some ideas.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Curuthanir View Post
    I'm not sure if something has changed with the recent updates to FG. I could have sworn a Rituals tab used to be on the character sheet for ETU, but now I don't see one. I'm using SWADE ruleset, and have loaded the "Feature SW: East Texas University" as well as "Theme SW: East Texas University".
    Hi Curuthanir,

It seems that with the refactoring of the SavageWorlds ruleset for SWADE, the "Ritual Magic" Arcane Background got lost. I am putting in a fix to add it in.
    The actual Rituals are Powers and should appear in the Powers list under "ETU Dean's List" if that module is loaded.
    The character should have the Ritualism skill and you should drag the "Ritual Magic" Arcane Backgound onto the Powers tab of the character sheet, then drag in the Ritual Power that you want.

If you want to test it out before the fix comes through, you can create a new Arcane Background with the settings as shown in the attachment:
    Ritual Magic Arcane Background.jpg

Let me know if this does not work for you.

Thank you! I'll test it out tonight when I get home from work. I'm glad I wasn't just imagining it.

If you're pushing a fix to the ETU module, can I also ask to fix a type in the name of the image of the school map? It's titled UTU Map, and it should be ETU Map.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Curuthanir View Post
    If you're pushing a fix to the ETU module, can I also ask to fix a type in the name of the image of the school map? It's titled UTU Map, and it should be ETU Map.
    Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Thread Information