Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Thread: Assets

Assets

Hello,

Is it possible to share assets with players ?

As long as the asset is in the campaign you can open it and right click and share. But I don't think that's what you mean. Perhaps if you expand on what it is you want to share we may be able to give you a better answer; but you can't share anything that isn't in the campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have a similar question...last night I was online creating a PC with a Player, for a 2E/1E campaign, the books in my library were visible and could be loaded by the player. But when selecting Assets from the Menus drop down, the table was blank, my Tokens and portraits were not visible to the player. Is there something I must do to share my Assets (tokens and portraits) with the players who have access to my campaign?

Tokens/portraits are only available locally for each install; they can not be shared with players.

That would be a lot of graphics having to be transferred to allow the full searching/usage across all the products in the catalog, and hundreds/thousands of files that some GMs place on their machines.

Regards,
    JPG

The only way I have found to share portraits is to assign the portrait to an NPC (maybe a PC will work to). On the NPC card, click on the token and it will open the token/portrait window. Drag the portrait asset to the proper place and then right click on the portrait from the NPC card portrait/token window. Choose the option to share it with the players and they will be able to pull up the image. I believe the players can then drag that image to their character portrait (if not, they may be able to download the image to their computer from there. (This is a big maybe as I have not actually have a player attempt either option).

I use this method to share the portrait with players because images in the portrait folder cannot be converted to an image in-game from the assets menu. It can only be dragged to a portrait slot on an NPC card or PC sheet.

Blog Entries
    As GM you can take a screen shot of your portraits folder, load that into FG and share with the players. Then the players can tell you "I want the fifth one in the second row" and then the GM can assign it to the character's portrait.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As GM you can take a screen shot of your portraits folder, load that into FG and share with the players. Then the players can tell you "I want the fifth one in the second row" and then the GM can assign it to the character's portrait.
    In my case, it would be a dozen or so screenshots, lol. I went a bit crazy buying tokens a while back, thinking I would be able to share them easily in my campaigns. I still use them to replace letter tokens and any tokens I don't care for that come with a module. Most of the NPC tokens in published adventures are nowhere near as good as the Grim Press tokens on the Forge.

Thread Information