Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

big map visible on PC but not on laptop

Hi,

I have a strange occurence- I use FGU on two different machines- both windows 10, one a pc with a lot more ram and on my laptop.
    On my pc a very big map (undermountain complete lvl1) is shown clearly with backround (means all rooms, entry etc.) and links. On my laptop only the links /(red pins) are shown without rooms and interieurs- even after waiting a few minutes.
    A older map from last year has not this problems. I tried everything from los on/off to light on/off or player view. I made all things visible, but to no avail.
    Any idea what could be the reason?
    Of course I used the newest version of FGU on both machines and both were directly LAN connected.
    Thanks

Micael

How much memory is FG using on your laptop? Does your laptop have the necessary specs to render the maps? (like the graphics card memory etc).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Not sure, if this enough:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    NVIDIA Gforce GTX 950M
    ?
    2,36 GB memory FGU is using
    Last edited by micael; July 24th, 2024 at 21:27.

On the laptop please take a screenshot of the map in edit mode, then attach that here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    On the laptop please take a screenshot of the map in edit mode, then attach that here.

Not sure what happened - I tried this on my laptop 2 times this afternoon and always the map was not shown- now the 3rd time it was shown but with the same error message as I have on my PC- perhaps we can concentrate on the error message instead till I can reproduce the view bug?

I took a screenshot on my pc (same now on my laptop) - not reproducable: [on my laptop there is only grey backround with lot of redpins and token of a char visible - I recognized though, that all of the layers shown here in this screenshot on my PC are not transfered to my laptop- there is only one layer shown in the map on my laptop and its not the players map where all the info about rooms is located in.]

In addition during opening of the map on my pc there is a error message (see screenshot) but after a moment the map is shown as in the first screenshot:
    Any idea?
    I tried to export only the map, but do not know how to do that, because all the images in the module are many 100dreds about 182Mb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by micael; July 24th, 2024 at 22:57.

The error is saying that it can’t find a file in your campaign images folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The image for one of the layers is missing, but that should not cause display problems. I'll get the missing image resolved this weekend at the latest.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Please forgive me if I should have begun a new thread, but I am having this exact same issue with the newly released Quests From the Infinite Staircase.
    All the maps load fine except for the four levels of the spaceship in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

I believe my PC's specs are fine:
    Intel Core 1f-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
    32 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

I have no extensions enabled and have tried it using many themes.

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing:

Screenshot 2024-08-03 195109.jpg
    ================================================== ====
    FG Ultimate License Holder

Currently DMing:
    Starfinder - Dead Suns AP3 - Dawn of Flame

Star Wars - Edge of the Empire - Escape from Mos Shuuta/Long Arm of the Hutt

Upcoming Games:
    D&D 5e - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (Fantasy Grounds: Quests from the Infinite Staircase)

Can you try reverting the map record by right clicking on it in the Images campaign list (from sidebar)? Does that help, or still see the issue?

Note that the graphics card that you are running on is over 5 years old, so may struggle with handling larger graphics.

Regards,
    JPG

Unfortunately, I still see the same thing as the screenshot I previously shared.
    I'm going to try to share it with one of my players who has more robust graphics card and see what happens.

My fear is this spaceship may be a bit too big and detailed for my graphics card.
    Last edited by HiJumpr111; August 4th, 2024 at 02:00.
    ================================================== ====
    FG Ultimate License Holder

Currently DMing:
    Starfinder - Dead Suns AP3 - Dawn of Flame

Star Wars - Edge of the Empire - Escape from Mos Shuuta/Long Arm of the Hutt

Upcoming Games:
    D&D 5e - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (Fantasy Grounds: Quests from the Infinite Staircase)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information