Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

[HLVL] not working as intended

Hello, I am having an issue with getting [HLVL] to work on a skill. The effect I am attempting to add is to bluff from a Favored Class Bonus for Bard for Kitsunes'

Kitsune - Add a +½ bonus on Bluff checks to lie and a +½ bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information.

Assume a lvl 2 character here so the bonus should be +1.

I thought SKILL: [HLVL] bluff would work but it does not, it seems to add +1 no matter the level (even level 1). Attempting to do SKILL: 0.5 [LVL] bluff adds 2.5 to the skill.

Does anyone know why this is? I have all of the extended automation addons if it helps. I just want to add the Favored Class Bonus as a scaleable effect. And yes I know this is for Bluff all together but I want to get it working in general before moving on to creating a separate skill named Lie or something.

Hi

How are you applying this effect? It is important to apply it from an actions tab, then the [HLVL] will be replaced with a corresponding number (so you would see a 2 instead of [HLVL], the [HLVL] in the effects in the CT itself would not affect anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

How are you applying this effect? It is important to apply it from an actions tab, then the [HLVL] will be replaced with a corresponding number (so you would see a 2 instead of [HLVL], the [HLVL] in the effects in the CT itself would not affect anything)
    Hello and thanks for responding! I am currently attempting to apply it to an ability that we added to the Abilities Tab under Class Abilities naming it Favored Class Bonus - Kitsune. I have applied effects to traits/feats before in the Abilities Tab so does this one just not work in that tab?

For my players convenience I add effects to their abilities when possible that are Static and dont need changed often. Usually Racial Traits, Feats, some Class Abilities, etc.

Such as a Half-Elf's' Adaptability granting Skill Focus, within the Feat I add SKILL: 3 sleight of hand as an example and so long as that character is on the Combat Tracker they always get the +3 bonus to Sleight of Hand.
    Last edited by Anput; July 25th, 2024 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Anput View Post
    Hello and thanks for responding! I am currently attempting to apply it to an ability that we added to the Abilities Tab under Class Abilities naming it Favored Class Bonus - Kitsune. I have applied effects to traits/feats before in the Abilities Tab so does this one just not work in that tab?

For my players convenience I add effects to their abilities when possible that are Static and dont need changed often. Usually Racial Traits, Feats, some Class Abilities, etc.

Such as a Half-Elf's' Adaptability granting Skill Focus, within the Feat I add SKILL: 3 sleight of hand as an example and so long as that character is on the Combat Tracker they always get the +3 bonus to Sleight of Hand.
    PCTag effects (such as STR, LVL, PRF etc) must be created as effects in the actions tab and applied from there. Only then will FG know that the tag applies to this character when the effect is placed on the CT and will then be able to work out what the bonus should be.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Anput - it sounds like you're using some extensions, as applying effects from the PC sheet Abilities tab is not normal PF1e ruleset functionality.

Can you try applying the effect from a test "spell" entry in the Actions tab and see if that works? If it doesn't, try the same in a new campaign without any extensions enabled. This will help to track down if it's base functionality or an extension that's causing the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I added it as an Action and it works but requires the effect to be removed then re-added with each new level which is a bit of a shame as it would have been nice to have it tied to the Favored Class Bonus and automatically update as the player increases in level rather than need to add/remove the effect every 2 level ups. It is what it is I suppose, ty for the help.

this does not seem to work for me as well.

question #1: i have this --
    ...an overclocked creature takes an amount of damage equal to half its Hit Dice (minimum 1)...
    i initially misread and thought it meant "half its level" so i did Overclock; DMG: [HLVL]; but it did not work when dragged effect into tracker; it just displayed exactly as-is.

before i ask question #2, what does it do if a creature has no class level? or does this only work on a entry with class level? so which is why it did not return a number, as in Overclock; DMG: 2?

question #2: is there a "half hd" option that behave similarly?

thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

The effects with those tags can only be dragged from PC character sheet action tabs only. They can not be dragged from NPCs or other locations.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information