Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pop-Up Windows with invisible text

I'm guessing either:

a) this is a known issue (tried scanning for it in previous posts, but couldn't find an obvious match)
    b) I'm a special unicorn

When I click on anything that pops up a yes/no box, the box is completely devoid of any text, but I still have the two buttons to click. For example, I go to Images and then click "Create From Campaign Assets" it throws out a black and gray box with the two blank black buttons:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 8.11.48 AM.png

Unsure exactly when I started seeing this, but it's semi-recent.

This is with FGU 4.5.1 update on MacOS 14.2.1. I created a new campaign (Pathfinder 2E) with no extensions, but it is there as well as in my existing PF2E and 5E campaigns.

I think option 2.

Make sure first that you don't have two (or more) themes loaded since those might interfere with one another - for example printing white text of a white background. If that isn't the case make sure that you don't have an unpacked ruleset in your rulesets folder (probably CoreRPG). If that still doesn't help try deleting the CoreRPG.pak file from the rulesets folder and then update FGU.

If all that fails then I'm not sure what else to try. I can't imagine that this is specifically a mac issue; but maybe someone else who has a mac needs to test. It's certainly not an issue for me in Windows.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    I'm guessing either:

a) this is a known issue (tried scanning for it in previous posts, but couldn't find an obvious match)
    b) I'm a special unicorn

When I click on anything that pops up a yes/no box, the box is completely devoid of any text, but I still have the two buttons to click. For example, I go to Images and then click "Create From Campaign Assets" it throws out a black and gray box with the two blank black buttons:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 8.11.48 AM.png

Unsure exactly when I started seeing this, but it's semi-recent.

This is with FGU 4.5.1 update on MacOS 14.2.1. I created a new campaign (Pathfinder 2E) with no extensions, but it is there as well as in my existing PF2E and 5E campaigns.
    I've checked on two Macs (Mojave and Catalina) and the dialog is appearing as expected. I don't have any Macs running Sonoma, so I can't confirm on that OS. This dialog is not themeable, so extensions shouldn't have any impact. Are you running an M1 or M2 Mac?

I checked and don't see any unpacked files in the /rulesets folder. All seem to end in .pak. I did try deleting CoreRPG.pak and do an update, but that didn't fix it. I had a bit of cruft such as tokens in the wrong directory. Unsurprisingly that cleanup didn't help either.

I've tried this with no theme loaded. Possibly interesting is I tried this with only the "FG Wood" theme loaded (no other extensions or anything else loaded). The pop up screen seemed to be from the default theme rather than FG Wood:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 12.45.50 PM.png

I also noticed when I left the pop-up dialog up and did "exit session" -> "return to launcher", briefly the pop-up box showed the text before it went away.

This is on a 32GB 2022 M1 Max Mac Studio.

I believe I have a default install for the applications folder, but I do have my data folder on an external hard drive.

EDIT: I should note that my original testing was with no theme loaded.
    Last edited by Minethulhu; March 19th, 2024 at 21:01.

Has anyone figure this out. I am also running a mac M1. I have the same issue. I am new to fg, so i am not sure what the pops are for. but they usually link to external websites .

We have not. It appears to be an underlying issue in the Unity game engine coding, so outside of our direct control for the moment. I thought I had heard that resizing the top-level window may help make it re-appear at that moment that the dialog is up.

Regards,
    JPG

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Actually, this has happened to me on occasion as well. (Mac mini M1; macOS Sonoma 14.1.1). But I cannot consistently replicate this. I never really gave it much thought because it was the typical Syrinscape permissions question when first triggering a sound after loading up FG.

In any case, to the peeps that worried, it is always a window asking if you wish to open an external link. Usually if you use Syrinscape Sound triggers, or click the help question mark on reference windows, or a weblink dropped in the chatbox. The button layout is always the same.png so just hit the appropriate button. It's super easy, barely an inconvenience. :P
    Last edited by Vass_Dts; June 11th, 2024 at 02:27.

Same issue here on an M2 Pro Mac Mini. I can run the game otherwise.

Hey,
    I have the same problem. I hope you will find a solution.

Just hopping on the Me Too train... MacBook Pro M1 Sonoma, and I used to get text on those unthemed dialogs, but that stopped a little while ago. I just click the left-most button any time I get one and hope for the best (In my case, most are tied to Syrinscape integration and I suspect they're all "do you want to allow/follow web links?")
    -Lone Jedi
    (Jason)
    Savage Worlds Evangelist and Monkey of Coding

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information