GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Don't be silly. Extensions are to do things you do not and to make the code more flexible in order to do things you have not thought of. My solution is simple - minimal code changes - and worked for years. Nothing should be "copied" when transferring inventory between sheets or map parcels - it defeats the point of it all. Since its obvious you don't know what I'm doing I'll add this video here after all - there is no case where I do not want inventory data moved in the examples I give in video.

Next you'll be telling me something crazy like players should be able to cheat and see/target things in CT that they cannot see in map due to LOS or token visibility, denying a whole range of game play. Or that players should be able to have clairvoyance and plan on who goes when next turn because the init has not been randomized every turn.

Bat guano crazy stuff, which I would never allow in my games. Gist being - you limit your code your ways - I'll expand it my way - why I like FGU - it lets me make the game sane and curtail the insanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQ3XECqQ3Y
    Just watched your video...holy ****, that should be base functionality for EVERY ruleset....why the hell isn't it? Good stuff man!
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Just watched your video...holy ****, that should be base functionality for EVERY ruleset....why the hell isn't it? Good stuff man!
    Personally I'd like to lock all the SW devs in a room and make them get demos for all extensions with hundreds of Forge users and do a review of the code so they knew what was actually going on outside their code base and why it was being done.

But its a foolish dream I know will never happen.

So to answer your question - I find it highly unlikely any of my stuff will be part of the 5E ruleset (or any other though I only deal with 5E myself). Its hacked code to the standard of "good enough" which does not strive for perfection - only functionality. Still other things like AURA and BCEG I find surprising are not incorporated into the code base. Likely because SW devs have not been forced into that locked "extension indoctrination" room for those
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Yeah its pretty awesome but also you have to be mindful of where issues are. But it's really pretty and nice. That's how I play.

A fix for the initial alpha of text widgets (such as tabs) has been addressed in the most recent release.

Regards,
    JPG

Ka-BOOM!

Something in latest update a death blow?

Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_dice_roll.lua"]:40: attempt to index field 'colordicerolls' (a nil value)

Just pushed fix.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just pushed fix.

Regards,
    JPG
    That fixed it.

Major improvement here concerning the perceived modernisation of the UI. Thanks a lot for that.
    One minor feedback concerning the Core Theme: When the character sheet is placed on a white document it merge with it, and seems incomplete. Perhaps you can trace a fine black line around the edges?
    FantasyGrounds_0zCeO0CPbx.jpg

I don't mind that, but if it cast a shadow around the edges it might help. A thin line might get lost at different UI scales.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    When the character sheet is placed on a white document it merge with it, and seems incomplete. Perhaps you can trace a fine black line around the edges?
    FantasyGrounds_0zCeO0CPbx.jpg
    Yeah, good call there - we've got an adjustment queued up for an upcoming build.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Thread Information