Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Newby needs help: OB does not calculate correctly

I am just starting to get into FG/ Rolemaster. I am equipping my mage with a +10 dagger. Drag it from CL into inventory. Associate it with "Throw - Dagger" from my skill tab. All works fine. The weapon record (see attachment) shows correctly:
    Weapon Bonus:10
    Skill Bonus: 12

However, then in the next line, it shows
    OB: 12

That is wrong. It should be 22, ie the sum of the weapon bonus and the skill bonus.

Does anybody understand why this is not working and what I can do?
    Screenshot 2024-08-02 153806.jpg

Greetings,
    I tried recreating the error that you entioned and I foud out that it's simply because the item has not been identified and thus the character wielding it is not using its full capability.
    Item Unidentified.png
    Item Identified.png
    I'd argue that a +X weapon should still give it's bonus to the wielder even if it's not identified, but that is up to the GM.

Thank you & follow up

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. And for putting so much effort in it!

I will try this as soon as I get home.

How can you identify an item? Does it mean that the PC has not yet identified the item? If yes, is this just a menu point that I need to change? Or has FG not identified the item? And if it is that, how can I make the program recognize it?

Quote Originally Posted by jowe01 View Post
    How can you identify an item? Does it mean that the PC has not yet identified the item? If yes, is this just a menu point that I need to change? Or has FG not identified the item? And if it is that, how can I make the program recognize it?
    There's a magnifying glass icon in the item header. @Samzagas highlighted that in their screenshots, although it's a little hard to see.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, yes, of course. I saw this but assumed that this was just the signal that the item was or was not identified. From your answer, I gauge that it is actually a switch.

Excellent, will immediately try this once I am home.

Thank you very much!!

It works!

Just came home and tried it myself. Indeed, all now works as it should. Super, thank you so much!

Thread Information