DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I would make an effect that goes on the creature that detects the sunlight effect and goes off. Instead of putting all of that in an aura.

So make an aura that applies sunlight in a radius.

This is better this way because you can put two sunlight effects on him and still only take the damage once.
    That's a great idea. I didn't think of it.... I'll try it out and get back to you! Thanks!

I would make an effect that goes on the creature that detects the sunlight effect and goes off. Instead of putting all of that in an aura.

So make an aura that applies sunlight in a radius.

This is better this way because you can put two sunlight effects on him and still only take the damage once.

I dropped this effect on Strahd:
    IF: CUSTOM(Sunlight); SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;

WORKED PERFECTLY! You are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I wanted to say, I came up with an even better way, using your method of placing a custom effect on Strahd.

IF: CUSTOM(Sunlight); DISATK; DISCHK; SAVEO: wisdom DC 99; SAVEDMG: 20 radiant;
    Now, I can leave auras on 24/7 and it won't matter because I only put that effect on vampires (since they have the Sunlight Sensitivity trait).

Thank you, again!!!

'''Resolve on the Discord channel'''

good morning, what will be the best coding for this:

Aura of Terror: While wearing the mask, the wearer radiates an aura of terror in a 30-foot radius. Any creature within the area must make a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A frightened creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

also this item is curse:

Each dawn, the wearer must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw or be consumed by rage, attacking the nearest creature until it dies or the rage is ended. The rage lasts until the wearer succeeds on a saving throw at the end of each hour.

Thanks for your support
    Last edited by plap3014; August 5th, 2024 at 01:48.

AURA: 30 all, cube, single; Terror; SAVEA: 18 WIS (M); SAVES: 18 WIS (M); SAVEADD: Terrified; SAVEADD: DawnRage

- I am assuming RAW D&D5E, so I added cube to make sure it gets those pesky corner spots. You might need to test the actual range, I find that it tests from a center point, so you might need 35 instead of 30.

Create a new custom Condition in the effects menu (upper right of window): Terrified. And another for DawnRage

Terrified; Frightened; SAVEE: 18 WIS (M)(R); DUR: 10

DawnRage; Primed; EXPIREADD: DawnEnraged; RESTL

DawnEnraged_1; SAVEA: 18 WIS (M)(R); SAVEADD: DawnEnraged_2

DawnEnraged_2; Enraged; EXPIREADD: DawnEnraged_1; DUR: 600

- Note: I think this might require BCE (free) or BCEG (paid) extension too.
    - The DawnRage is a timer, in effect, it's not Dawn. But it's the closest I could imagine from OliveGarden.
    - the _1 forces the save when added and (on fail) adds the actual rage
    - the _2 is the state of rage and expires after an hour (if my spaghetti infused math is right), then re-applies the loop of save or become enraged.
    Last edited by estrolof; August 6th, 2024 at 21:55. Reason: Oops, Forgot SAVES in original line.

I think I forgot to say, DawnEnraged_1 should have a duration of 1 round, and Remove on any Turn, so it will fall off and not stay forever, haha. (Otherwise, eventually, you could get multiples.)

We're using this in the Pathfinder 2E ruleset and for some reason "FROMAURA" doesn't get added to the effects anymore which seems to cause issues. This is especially apparent after restarting the game server where there's no direct connection between each aura and the aura effect that was given.
    Last edited by Montis; August 15th, 2024 at 20:04.
    Help Fantasy Grounds get better: Write and vote on feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    We're using this in the Pathfinder 2E ruleset and for some reason "FROMAURA" doesn't get added to the effects anymore which can cause issues. This is especially apparent after restarting the game server where there's no direct connection between each aura and the aura effect that was given.
    FROMAURA has been removed for a while, it now takes the name of the second part of the effect after the AURA part.

Code:
    Test Aura; AURA: 10 all; AoE Test Aura; Blinded
    So in this case the name of the aura is "Test Aura"
    The name of the effect applied from the Test Aura is "AoE Test Aura"

FROMAURA has been removed for a while, it now takes the name of the second part of the effect after the AURA part.

Code:
    Test Aura; AURA: 10 all; AoE Test Aura; Blinded
    So in this case the name of the aura is "Test Aura"
    The name of the effect applied from the Test Aura is "AoE Test Aura"
    Wait, so the correct usage is "[Aura Name], [Aura Size], [Aura Effect Name], [Effect]"?
    Help Fantasy Grounds get better: Write and vote on feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Wait, so the correct usage is "[Aura Name], [Aura Size], [Aura Effect Name], [Effect]"?
    Yes, although the "Aura Name" before AURA is optional.

Page 119 of 120 First ... 1969109117118119120 Last

Thread Information