DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Howl of the Wild

Is there an ETA for this release?

It's in final review with SmiteWorks. No ETA.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Out of curiosity, why is this part of the adventures bundle in the store when it's a rulebook/sourcebook?

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is this part of the adventures bundle in the store when it's a rulebook/sourcebook?
    Smiteworks were made aware of this oversight a couple of days ago and they are discussing the possibility of a remastered rulebooks bundle, which this would be part of.

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Howl of the Wild is now part of the new Remastered Bundle: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...RPG2REMASTERED

I just completed the Essentials bundle assuming that it would allow me to get the bundle discount on all future sourcebooks. Why is FG starting a new bundle? I can understand putting the four Remastered books in their own bundle, or putting new sourcebooks in both bundles. But this feels punishing to people who were invested prior to the Remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovirtus View Post
    I just completed the Essentials bundle assuming that it would allow me to get the bundle discount on all future sourcebooks. Why is FG starting a new bundle? I can understand putting the four Remastered books in their own bundle, or putting new sourcebooks in both bundles. But this feels punishing to people who were invested prior to the Remaster.
    The new PF2 remastered bundle is for remastered core rules products - Howl of the Wild is categorized by Paizo as a core rulebook and is a remastered product, hence why it is in the remastered bundle. I'm not sure how creating a new bundle punishes people who invested in the legacy essentials bundle. Having different bundles for legacy and remastered books gives you more flexibility. If we kept putting all PF2 rulebooks in the essentials bundle, you'd still have to buy all of them to get the bundle discount - and that would be punishing people new to PF2 on FG, who just want the remastered content and not the legacy content (some of which is directly superseded by remastered content - so you'd be getting duplicate data).

With this in mind, if you feel your recent purchases were a mistake, then FG has a 30 day no questions asked refund policy.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 2nd, 2024 at 16:08.

To be clear: I'm a loyal customer who loves your product. I'm not threatening to return anything or otherwise throw a tantrum.

My point is that I spent ~$450 on products through the previous bundle with the understanding that if I did complete that bundle, I would get 15% off future rulebooks/sourcebooks. Because I'm not necessarily planning on buying the new Remastered rulebooks within FG I effectively need to spend an additional $200 to continue to get 15% off future rulebooks. I don't understand why Howl of the Wild is not in the Essentials Bundle like all supplements before it.

Rage of Elements is in both bundles, so that doesn't seem to be a technical problem.

I don't understand the fact that you think asking people who are new to FG and PF2E to buy pre-remaster books in order to get a discount on Remastered content is unreasonable, but that it's perfectly reasonable to ask people who own all the pre-remaster to also buy the Remastered rulebooks to maintain their bundle discounts. Why is bundling duplicate data for one group ok and not the other?

Rage of Elements is in both bundles, so that doesn't seem to be a technical problem.
    It's not a technical problem, this is in both bundles because it was a crossover product - released using the remastered rules while legacy was still active. Maybe it will be removed from the legacy essentials bundle in future. I'm also going to ask SmiteWorks to rename the essentials bundle to make it clearer that it contains legacy products.

Why is bundling duplicate data for one group ok and not the other?
    Player Core, GM Core and Monster core are the new remastered rulebooks. Whereas some may consider it duplicated data, it's the required data for using the remastered products moving forwards.

Because I'm not necessarily planning on buying the new Remastered rulebooks within FG I effectively need to spend an additional $200 to continue to get 15% off future rulebooks. I don't understand why Howl of the Wild is not in the Essentials Bundle like all supplements before it.
    "... get all future rulebooks..." - with this in mind, if we put all future rulebooks in the essentials bundle, you'd still have to buy all of the remastered rulebooks - Player Core, GM Core, Monster Core, etc.. Having two different bundles allows you to pick and choose - to get bundle discounts on Howl of the Wild (a remastered book) you need to buy *only* all of the remastered books via that bundle, but if you want only the legacy content, you can buy the essentials bundle. If we didn't create a new remastered bundle and kept putting all future rulebooks in the essentials bundle, you'd still have to buy all of the remastered rulebooks.

Maybe the confusion came from the Player Core, GM Core and Monster Core not being in the essentials bundle when those products were released? That's because we were waiting for there to be enough remastered products to create a bundle specific to remastered rulebooks - SmiteWorks won't usually create a bundle for less than 5 or 6 products. I'm sorry you feel you're losing out, I think this was due to an incorrect assumption.

I've seen many posts on social media where new PF2 users just want to get the remastered books, so having a remastered bundle with no legacy content makes perfect sense. As mentioned above, if we'd kept the essentials bundle with all rulebooks then everyone would have had to buy all rulebooks (all legacy and all remastered) to get the bundle discount. If you want bundle discounts on all the rulebooks, then get both bundles. Buying a bundle doesn't give you an automatic future discount on new products - you should buy the bundle for what they contain now, as bundles can be split in future (for example adventures volume 1 and 2, which have been two different bundles for a long time).

I believe the new remastered bundle is the right way to go. The main reason is that putting remastered content in a legacy bundle doesn't align with the base rulebook in that bundle (legacy Core Rules) - for example, Howl of the Wild is a remastered product, it contains plenty of references to content in the remastered Player Core, not the legacy core rulebook.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 2nd, 2024 at 17:43.

Thread Information