Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbrown View Post
    I can't seem to get my Player Core 2 PDF discount. Is there an issue with the Paizo account synchronization?
    This should be fixed as of 5 minutes ago. Sorry for the delay and thanks for letting us know.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When opening the spell window for the first time, I get the following error message in the output window. The search criteria fields will not load their data after the error. Later openings of the spell window do not throw an exception, but the search criteria fields are not loaded.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "PFRPG2:scripts/data_library_pfrpg2.lua"]:610: attempt to compare number with string

I changed line 607 to the following as a workaround so the search criteria would load. I realize this does not fix the function. It just makes the window open with the search criteria loaded.

local nLevel = 0; -- DB.getValue(vNode, "level", 0);

Quote Originally Posted by Torg Smith View Post
    When opening the spell window for the first time, I get the following error message in the output window. The search criteria fields will not load their data after the error. Later openings of the spell window do not throw an exception, but the search criteria fields are not loaded.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "PFRPG2:scripts/data_library_pfrpg2.lua"]:610: attempt to compare number with string

I changed line 607 to the following as a workaround so the search criteria would load. I realize this does not fix the function. It just makes the window open with the search criteria loaded.

local nLevel = 0; -- DB.getValue(vNode, "level", 0);
    This error appears to be from a spell that has the "level" field as a string, not as a number. The PFRPG2 ruleset code always has that field as a number. You may have activated a module that incorrectly has the spell "level" field as a string, or opened a module from another ruleset - are you using the Universal Modules extension?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, I am using the Universal Modules extension. Is there a way to have it default to a 0 if it is a string or null?
    Last edited by Torg Smith; August 4th, 2024 at 21:29.

Yes, I am using the Universal Modules extension.
    In that case you've probably enabled a module from another ruleset that has some spells with a different "level" field format.

I have the Sandpoint module from PFRPG 1e loaded. Does it change all values to a string if any are when loading the data, or is the records from the other module string while the main ruleset are numbers? Is there a way to have it default to a 0 if it is a string or null?

Grospek Lavarsus NPC stat block is missing from the Ref manual and Bestiary for Agents of Edgewatch - Devil at the Dreaming Palace. The NPC has a stat block in the pdf of the adventure. I think I have the lastest version 1.11.

I have the Sandpoint module from PFRPG 1e loaded. Does it change all values to a string if any are when loading the data, or is the records from the other module string while the main ruleset are numbers? Is there a way to have it default to a 0 if it is a string or null?
    Having errors with the Universal Extension is the main gotcha of using that extension.

The spell level field in PF2 is completely different from the level field in PF1. In PF1 the level field for magic missile is: "arcanist 1, bloodrager 1, magus 1, psychic 1, sorcerer 1, wizard 1"; in PF2 it's simply "1".

I don't want to make changes to the PF2 ruleset to support eventualities of using the Universal Module extension with data from other rulesets - as this could be a never-ending task. However, as your example could be a common case (using PF1 modules in PF2 for things other than spells, like books, images, story entries, etc.), I had a quick look to see if I could make an exception and code around this, but it's not possible to code around all errors. But I'll make a ruleset change to allow you to at least open the spells list (you'll still see some different errors, sorry they can't be avoided).

Even with the errors, you can still search for spells, you can use the group dropdown to select a PF2 module, and bringing up the Arcane, Divine, etc. spell lists won't populate the PF1 spells and so won't show errors. You can also disable the console popping up with errors using the chat command /console skip However, this will mean you're missing all errors, so it could hide other issues, so it's only recommended as a short-term workaround.

Your workaround sounds good. I am ok with the console opening. The close button is easy to click.

Player Core 1 - missing the section about Focus spells (page 298 in the pdf). If you go to the Focus Spells page in the Reference manual, it tells you that the details appear on page 298, but that information seems to be completely missing. It should be between the section on Cantrip and Innate spells in Chapter 7.

Page 106 of 108 First ... 65696104105106107108 Last

Thread Information