Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player Core 2 Compendium

Starting a thread here to discuss all that is coming with the Player Core 2. It'll also be a good place to report issues you may cross, suggestions to improve its functionality, and simply seek information and advice.

The Player Core 2 has a lot of offerings within its many pages, from new Ancestries to New Classes; from new Spells to New Items. A lot is in it to be discovered. It truly is a core rulebook to expand on what a player character has at their fingertips. With all that comes a lot of new automation which will be an ongoing process, so keep an eye out for anything that looks incomplete or needing updating - the intent is to always have everything ready from day one, but it is simply such a huge panorama of possibilities, I am sure we didn't catch it all. Thanks!

More to come!

Current known issues:
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 20th, 2024 at 18:43.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Liking the module so far. One thing I have come across is with the Chargen Tracker.

The "Anc." button in the "Feat quick filters" does not bring up any ancestry feats for the Hobgoblin ancestry. It might be using an incorrect string to match.
    Opening up the Feats window and select the trait "Hobgoblin" does filter to the correct feats.

One thing to note is that I have the "Pathfinder Lost Omens Ancestry Guide" loaded as well. I doubt this has anything to do with it, but just noting it and that the feats window shows the feats for both. The Chargen Tracker shows none. This leads me to believe the filter string in the Chargen Track may be wrong for the Hobgoblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg Smith View Post
    The "Anc." button in the "Feat quick filters" does not bring up any ancestry feats for the Hobgoblin ancestry. It might be using an incorrect string to match.
    Opening up the Feats window and select the trait "Hobgoblin" does filter to the correct feats.
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue. This is due to Paizo originally giving the hobgoblin a trait of "goblin", but then the feats having the "hobgoblin" traits, so we had to code for that in the ruleset - which is now causing the remasted hobgoblin ancestry traits to not work as Paizo has changed to having the "hobgoblin" trait (which makes more sense).

I'll get a fix for this, while still maintaining the compatibility with the legacy hobgoblin, in the next ruleset release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Choosing Investigator is setting simple, martial, and unarmed to master weapon proficiencies instead of trained on character creation.

I know this is unlikely to be a huge deal, because so many people simply ignore languages, but the Player Core 2 ancestries all fail to set default languages upon selection.

Quote Originally Posted by GarysRock View Post
    I know this is unlikely to be a huge deal, because so many people simply ignore languages, but the Player Core 2 ancestries all fail to set default languages upon selection.
    Thanks for letting us know, we'll get this fixed in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When using the Chargen Tracker, the Player Core 2 Barbarian does not allow you to select the Elemental Instinct from Rage of Elements. It can be added to the sheet directly from the Lookup Data.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlby View Post
    When using the Chargen Tracker, the Player Core 2 Barbarian does not allow you to select the Elemental Instinct from Rage of Elements. It can be added to the sheet directly from the Lookup Data.
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We'll get this fixed.

Did you want to Automat all Alcemical Bombs and Mutagens and the other stuff??I Ask because i beginn to automate some Bombs from Core 2 for my Alchemist.
    Text Translated by Deepl ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Birger Tucholski View Post
    Did you want to Automat all Alcemical Bombs and Mutagens and the other stuff??I Ask because i beginn to automate some Bombs from Core 2 for my Alchemist.
    We do plan to automate these in the near future, no definite timeline as yet. We've just been diverted with conflicting priorities over the last few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information