Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Transformers essence 20 system suggested changes/updates

I'm Starting this thread in order to have a decent place for people who are familiar with the essence 20 system, specifically the Transformers I.P. of the System, can post suggestions on possible changes and updates to make for the Fantasy Grounds module, that would bring it more in line with the Core Rulebooks updates via the renegade game studios FAQ errata, CRB 2nd Printing, and the errata constantly discussed with the E20 Developers within the Renegade Game Studios Discord server.

Suggested changes for Character creation option items

So the first major thing I have run into while playing around with the module is this:

When creating a player character sheet, the essence scores are automatically set to 1. They should be set to 0. When players add a origin/role/focus, that will add the given 4 at creation. The Player will then add a total of 12 spread throughout the 4 essence.

That leads to another thing I noticed. When adding in an origin option, if the origin has a +1 in 2 different essence. As it is right now, origins that grant an option of 2 different essence score increases, have none set and are to be manual. This is more a nitpick from me on something to possibly update.

And another thing, role items add every listed skill at a d2. But when choosing a role, players are only allowed to choose skills that equal the essence increase they receive. Example being a Field Commander. The Field Commander at character creation/level 1 grants a + 1 to Strength, and a + 1 to Social. This means that the suggested skills are as follows: Brawn, Conditioning, Deception, Initiative, Intimidation, Might, Performance, Persuasion. A player may only choose 1 from the skills tied to Strength, and 1 tied to Social. But as of right now, the module has the item add all of them into the character as a d2.

As of right now, those are the most obvious things I have run into, that I feel could be a slight annoyance for players new to the Transformers FG module, and could make the sheets feel a bit easier with automation, that doesn't require too much manual backtracking

Oh Forgot one thing, the size class stuff. This isnt a big necessity, but could be nice. If it were possible, could adding an origin have a pop up to choose what the base size class is for your bot and alt mode? Some origins have options. I have no idea if thats possible, or really all that useful. Just, thought I would mention

Player Character Leveling

Found a possible change/update relating to when a player character levels up. As of right now, a Role Item dropped into a player character sheet only adds the level 1 essence scores. If it were possible, would there be a way to have it increase essence scores per level up? Possibly have it so there's a section of the Role Item where you input each level essence increase for that role, so when you level your character sheet up, say from 1 to 2 as an easy example, when you drag the Role item onto the sheet, it adds the level 2 perks, but also the essence increases. Not sure if that's possible, but thoughts Id bring it up for possible consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Astralis View Post
    So the first major thing I have run into while playing around with the module is this:

When creating a player character sheet, the essence scores are automatically set to 1. They should be set to 0. When players add a origin/role/focus, that will add the given 4 at creation. The Player will then add a total of 12 spread throughout the 4 essence.

That leads to another thing I noticed. When adding in an origin option, if the origin has a +1 in 2 different essence. As it is right now, origins that grant an option of 2 different essence score increases, have none set and are to be manual. This is more a nitpick from me on something to possibly update.

And another thing, role items add every listed skill at a d2. But when choosing a role, players are only allowed to choose skills that equal the essence increase they receive. Example being a Field Commander. The Field Commander at character creation/level 1 grants a + 1 to Strength, and a + 1 to Social. This means that the suggested skills are as follows: Brawn, Conditioning, Deception, Initiative, Intimidation, Might, Performance, Persuasion. A player may only choose 1 from the skills tied to Strength, and 1 tied to Social. But as of right now, the module has the item add all of them into the character as a d2.

As of right now, those are the most obvious things I have run into, that I feel could be a slight annoyance for players new to the Transformers FG module, and could make the sheets feel a bit easier with automation, that doesn't require too much manual backtracking
    Most of these can have a game-option to either keep the ruleset as it is now, or tweak it so it'll default sheets to zero assigned points and skills coming in without the automatic rank increase. I'll add that into updates for the future.

For the skills being added for the roles. The drag'n'drop doesn't go that in-depth to pick out which skills could be taken based on what the player picks. So it just adds them all and let's the player remove the ones they don't need. This would take more to record player choices, then give the skills based on those. I'll look at this but I don't know if it'll make it to the changes.
    "If you love it, mod it."
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Oh Forgot one thing, the size class stuff. This isnt a big necessity, but could be nice. If it were possible, could adding an origin have a pop up to choose what the base size class is for your bot and alt mode? Some origins have options. I have no idea if thats possible, or really all that useful. Just, thought I would mention
    This one could be updated. I noticed a lot of stuff from the modules offer multiple sizes (Huge / Long, Large / Extended, etc). This will be a pop-up asking them to choose as it's added, but it can be thrown in.
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Found a possible change/update relating to when a player character levels up. As of right now, a Role Item dropped into a player character sheet only adds the level 1 essence scores. If it were possible, would there be a way to have it increase essence scores per level up? Possibly have it so there's a section of the Role Item where you input each level essence increase for that role, so when you level your character sheet up, say from 1 to 2 as an easy example, when you drag the Role item onto the sheet, it adds the level 2 perks, but also the essence increases. Not sure if that's possible, but thoughts Id bring it up for possible consideration.
    This was discussed in discord. Leveling up your character and re-applying the role will add in all missing feats, but the role essence tables are missing. So this will be reworked to include the essence scores for each level, and then re-applying the role will add those scores.
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information