Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Starfinder 2e ???

Is Fantasy Grounds going to do a conversion of the Starfinder 2E play test material? There is the core book and a 1st level adventure set to release on August 1st.

thx
    WR

Yes, we're hard at work on it right now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, we're hard at work on it right now.
    Thanks for the reply, can't wait!

Out of curiosity, is the 2E playtest going to use the PF2E ruleset, or will it have its own? And going forward will they be a single merged ruleset, or separate?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the 2E playtest going to use the PF2E ruleset, or will it have its own? And going forward will they be a single merged ruleset, or separate?
    SFRPG2 will be a layered ruleset on top of PFPRG2. We're hoping to provide new and updated functionality in both, via updates to the PFRPG2 ruleset. At present, the layered SFRPG2 ruleset is a Starfinder theme; updated currencies, skills, languages, etc.. Plus code in PFRPG2 to support SFRPG2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    SFRPG2 will be a layered ruleset on top of PFPRG2. We're hoping to provide new and updated functionality in both, via updates to the PFRPG2 ruleset. At present, the layered SFRPG2 ruleset is a Starfinder theme; updated currencies, skills, languages, etc.. Plus code in PFRPG2 to support SFRPG2.
    Nice! That's exactly what I was hoping for more or less, considering how cross-compatible the systems are supposed to be.

Will there be a way to filter or otherwise hide modules? Ideally Pathfinder modules would be available from Starfinder and vice-versa, but it would also be nice to be able to have a "hide Pathfinder modules" or "hide Starfinder modules" mode for campaigns that are only going to use one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Will there be a way to filter or otherwise hide modules? Ideally Pathfinder modules would be available from Starfinder and vice-versa, but it would also be nice to be able to have a "hide Pathfinder modules" or "hide Starfinder modules" mode for campaigns that are only going to use one or the other.
    We haven't decided on that yet. We've hade the PF2 Player Core specifically available for the SFRPG2 ruleset for the playtest and, to be honest, there's too much PF2 base information displayed as is - this is where the group selection comes in handy, but wouldn't be useful when there's more than on SF2 product available. I'm sure we will do some form of filtering or selection, within the possibilities of what the FG application can do, for the official SF2 release next year.

Thread Information