GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    I'll look over the equipment issue. Can you show me what you mean with your second issue? Institutions are a GM resource to track for your world. You could share the record and the players could add it to their notes section for tracking, but there is no automation for them at this time.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

What I was trying to do with the second issue was this: Potence can be added to certain brawling rolls. And If you press the Potence button, then go to the main page, press Strength, and then roll the dice button under brawl, the Potence rating is added as extra dice. This is how it should function.

But, if you make a custom roll under your equipment / or custom roll section (Strength + Brawl), then the Potence dice are not added to that roll. Or for short: Discipline dice are not added to custom rolls. I don't know how to explain it otherwise *smile*

As for Institutions, I hope that it will be added. Because it is a fantastic system that players also can use. I thought it was something that was usable, because there is a dice button at the attributes. How it should be set up is really that the Depth, Force, Prestige should act like attributes. You add them to a dicepool. Like Strength, or even a discipline.
    For instance, if a player owns a gang, and he wants his gang to physically attack a place or group and lead the assault himself, you could create a dicepool of Force (from the institution) + Leadership (from the character's skills). That's it. That how institutions work. I mean.. it they could be added as equipment or something, that would be fine.

It is such a fantastic system I really hope it will be properly implemented some day!

I do see where the breakdown of the automation for the institution record. You were correct in thinking there should be a roll, but the linkage did not make it in the first pass with the system. I will get the dice buttons to roll so they can be rolled and either use the modifier box or do a secondary roll by the needed person at this time. It's in my notes to expand this feature further, just hasn't bubbled to the top of my list.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 27th, 2024 at 16:37.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    What I was trying to do with the second issue was this: Potence can be added to certain brawling rolls. And If you press the Potence button, then go to the main page, press Strength, and then roll the dice button under brawl, the Potence rating is added as extra dice. This is how it should function.

But, if you make a custom roll under your equipment / or custom roll section (Strength + Brawl), then the Potence dice are not added to that roll. Or for short: Discipline dice are not added to custom rolls. I don't know how to explain it otherwise *smile*

As for Institutions, I hope that it will be added. Because it is a fantastic system that players also can use. I thought it was something that was usable, because there is a dice button at the attributes. How it should be set up is really that the Depth, Force, Prestige should act like attributes. You add them to a dicepool. Like Strength, or even a discipline.
    For instance, if a player owns a gang, and he wants his gang to physically attack a place or group and lead the assault himself, you could create a dicepool of Force (from the institution) + Leadership (from the character's skills). That's it. That how institutions work. I mean.. it they could be added as equipment or something, that would be fine.

It is such a fantastic system I really hope it will be properly implemented some day!
    I tested the custom rolls and was not able to replicate. I was able to setup a custom roll in the actions tab and add the attribute, skill, and special group and it collected it without issue. I might need a copy of the character sheet in question to do further testing. I pushed a fix for the institution attribute rolls not functioning and should now be able to do so.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Hunger is a big part of the game. This stat should be in the combat tracker.
    It seems to be gone now.

If it's the PC, it's on the character sheet. If it's related to a SPC, it does show if the NPC is a vampire.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

My "Vampire" tab has disappeared. If I toggle Werewolf or Hunter they appear, but nothing seems to bring the Vampire tab back.

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom_Cobra View Post
    My "Vampire" tab has disappeared. If I toggle Werewolf or Hunter they appear, but nothing seems to bring the Vampire tab back.

Capture.JPG
    Pushed a hotfix that should sort this issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I posted this in the discord and did receive a reply from "Dominic M," but was asked to post it here to keep track of it:

Having some growing pains with the new formatting. Specifically SPCs. You can use the combat tracker to actually track health, willpower, and hunger, but there's no way for them to willpower reroll and they also seem unable to have Discipline ratings, so for instance the Awe power will go into traits and you can use it to auto-roll its dice pool (Manipulation + Presence), but without a Presence rating it'll only roll the dice from Manipulation. Also, the portrait is a cool addition, but seems to often be broken producing an error I'll attach here. The error inconsistently occurs when attempting to add a picture.

Capture.JPG

Additionally, in the combat tracker, you can expand SPC sheets to show Rouse Check, Frenzy Check, etc. It seems though that neither Blood Surge nor Power Bonus are functioning.

Another note: I just want to say I appreciate how active you guys are. I'm well aware that V:TM's userbase is microscopic compared to D&D's and probably Pathfinder's too, but I'm incredibly appreciative of all your efforts.
    Last edited by Freedom_Cobra; August 15th, 2024 at 03:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom_Cobra View Post
    I posted this in the discord and did receive a reply from "Dominic M," but was asked to post it here to keep track of it:

Having some growing pains with the new formatting. Specifically SPCs. You can use the combat tracker to actually track health, willpower, and hunger, but there's no way for them to willpower reroll and they also seem unable to have Discipline ratings, so for instance the Awe power will go into traits and you can use it to auto-roll its dice pool (Manipulation + Presence), but without a Presence rating it'll only roll the dice from Manipulation. Also, the portrait is a cool addition, but seems to often be broken producing an error I'll attach here. The error inconsistently occurs when attempting to add a picture.

Capture.JPG

Additionally, in the combat tracker, you can expand SPC sheets to show Rouse Check, Frenzy Check, etc. It seems though that neither Blood Surge nor Power Bonus are functioning.

Another note: I just want to say I appreciate how active you guys are. I'm well aware that V:TM's userbase is microscopic compared to D&D's and probably Pathfinder's too, but I'm incredibly appreciative of all your efforts.
    I took a moment, with your initial report, to look over the power roll and willpower reroll request and will need time to find a solution for this. You can add the power to the exceptional dice pools with the exact dice pool to aid in making those rolls for the time being. I was not aware of the or missed the Blood Surge/Power Bonus and may be something that goes with the power roll linkage and will require time to look over for a solution. I will check on the error you posted as it's related to the recent update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Thread Information