GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

2e ONLYIST converting to Pathfinder. Need some advice.

For years I resisted converting from anything outside of 2e. I have played 5e and didn't like the system but I have played Starfinder and loved it. I find it to be a more complete system and not watered down. I love 2e modules but they can be incomplete sometimes and I am hoping pathfinder will not have that problem. I don't have time to make games from scratch and just want to have more complete adventures that I can tweak rather than fill in the gaps. SO JUST A COUPLE QUESTIONS, what are some of the best modules out there AND does the Pathfinder players HB have Psionists in there or are they in another expansion book. Or any other advice you can give.

Thank you

I've moved this thread to the Pathfinder 2.0 sub-forum - the Pathfinder Society forum you originally posted in is for Paizo's organized play game, not Pathfinder in general. I've made the assumption that you're interested in Pathfinder 2 (the latest version) by moving the post here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here are the currently available classes: https://2e.aonprd.com/Classes.aspx

The psychic is in the Dark Archive product: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO2111FG If you have the PDF already in your Paizo account, the price of the PDF will be discounted from your FG purchase. If you don't already own the PDF, then it will be added to your Paizo account when you purchase on FG. More details on synching your Paizo and FG account here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...izoAccount.php

Regarding adventures - Paizo do three types: Adventure Paths, Stand-Alone and Pathfinder Society Organized Play. Adventure paths are long (three or six part) campaigns that cover many levels of play. Stand alone adventures usually cover 2-3 levels of play. Pathfinder Society scenarios are designed to be played in approximately 4 hours as part of Paizo's global organized play setup, but you can play them outside of that framework - they're setup that a PC will level up over three scenarios.

So, it all depends what you're looking for - long campaigns, 2-3 level campaigns, or one-shots?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am looking at Adventure paths mainly. I am looking at Kingmaker right now but that might be more than I can chew but it looks appealing. I predict to have 4 players who are consistent. Right now I am just in reading mode. Need to read the players handbook and adventures. I have done AD@D for many years so long campaigns don't bother me. I just want a very complete Adventure path.

Abomination Vaults is a very popular adventure path, so popular in fact that Paizo also released it for 5e recently. It's a great adventure if you want to explore a megadungeon, and it is easy for the GM, because there isn't really a risk of the adventure going off rails. It's also set in the same town as the pathfinder 2e beginner box, so if you want to get your toes wet with that and learn the rules together with your players, that might be a good thing to start with. You can even use the experience from the beginner box adventure to start Abomination Vaults a level or two higher than intended if you are new to the system. It's a pretty deadly adventure.

Paizo makes "Player Guide" PDFs for each Adventure Path available for free -- they give some basic non-spoiler information and AP-specific backgrounds etc. One can safely share those with the player group to see if anything catches their fancy.

I am running Kingmaker right now and I have to say it is fantastic - the actual meat and potatoes of the adventure path are some of the best Paizo has ever written.

That said, the kingdom building rules are... a mess. I have had to house-rule them extensively to get to the point I am happy with them.

If you don't mind heavily customizing the kingdom building rules (and to a lesser extent the mass combat rules), I would say Kingmaker is an amazing introduction to Pathfinder; one thing that's really nice about it is that the premise can work with groups of any background or alignment.

I think this is the way I am going to go because I am so new. I want an expansive adventure that I don't have to put a ton of time into developing myself. I am happy to know it is so popular and it seems like it is good for beginners from the first adventure. I am not knew to DnD i am just knew to Pathfinder. Is Pathfinder a modified DnD 3.5?

This adventure looked very very appealing to me but I think it would require more time than I want to put into. I think I am going to ty abominations first to learn and branch out into this.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information