GI JOE RPG Launch

Paizo's new licenses might be annoying for some

Specifically the Fan Use Policy (which used to be the Community Use Policy).

Quote Originally Posted by https://paizo.com/licenses/fancontent
    2. Your product can’t be an RPG or other game product (adventure module, sourcebook, character builder, rules database, video game, board game, etc.) If you want to release an RPG product that uses any of Paizo's IP including both rules and non-rules elements, you’ll need to use the ORC/OGL, Compatibility License, or Pathfinder and Starfinder Infinite community content programs.
    https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6vh12

The pain at least from PCGen's perspective is that Paizo used a lot of golarion specific info in their class names, archtypes, etc.

"Paizo used a lot of golarion specific info in their class names, archtypes, etc."

This is one of the reasons why I decided to stay with 5E even after buying the core PF2 and Kingmaker pdfs & FG rulesets. I love certain aspects of the system (hexcrawling, camping, exploration and influence rules specifically) and I am currently attempting to port some of that over to 5E (along with the Personality Traits and Passions mechanics from Pendragon, lol).

I would just prefer to play Pendragon for warrior types and use Ars Magica spellcasting for mages.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I would just prefer to play Pendragon for warrior types and use Ars Magica spellcasting for mages.
    Never looked intot he Ars Magica game. Pendragon 4E had an interesting magic system in it, but not fleshed out enough. You had to craft spells based on the amount of "power points" available. You had a few points from your statistics (can't remember how it was derived mechanically) and from leylines, minimum of 1d20 worth, but could go up depending on how powerful the area was (GM's choice).

The main reason I would want to keep 5E mechanics is because I prefer DC over the roll low method; and the magic system.

Thread Information