GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I would like to apologize for this taking so long. Life got in the way.
    I am now able to work on this and with the help of TheoGeek, I believe I have figured out hot to get my extension to work with his and other extensions.
    I should be able to upload the update soon.

Thanks for your patience.

The Damage Reroll Feats extension has been updated.
    With help from TheoGeek I have been able to make it work with his extension and it should now hopefully behave with any other extension that hasn't been tested as well.

Thanks again to TheoGeek and for everybody's patience.

Quote Originally Posted by lprchaun View Post
    The Damage Reroll Feats extension has been updated.
    With help from TheoGeek I have been able to make it work with his extension and it should now hopefully behave with any other extension that hasn't been tested as well.

Thanks again to TheoGeek and for everybody's patience.
    Great news!
    I've tried it out, and everything seems to be working okay, but with one small problem

When testing with a rogue with both the savage attacker and piercer feats, it seems to deal damage when you roll damage against a target, instead of waiting to check if you want to reroll - but it then also asks if you want to reroll with piercer and deals damage *again*. Essentially rather than rerolling the damage using piercer, it rolls the dice again and simply adds that as additional damage on top of the savage attacker damage roll. Screenshot included to show you what I mean.

image_2024-07-25_013742354.png

In the attached image, the yeti *should* have taken only 10 damage, but instead, it took 21.

I've confirmed the behaviour isn't due to other extensions, by running an instance with just Theogeeks Improved Criticals and this extension loaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fingersome; July 25th, 2024 at 01:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    Great news!
    I've tried it out, and everything seems to be working okay, but with one small problem

When testing with a rogue with both the savage attacker and piercer feats, it seems to deal damage when you roll damage against a target, instead of waiting to check if you want to reroll - but it then also asks if you want to reroll with piercer and deals damage *again*. Essentially rather than rerolling the damage using piercer, it rolls the dice again and simply adds that as additional damage on top of the savage attacker damage roll. Screenshot included to show you what I mean.

image_2024-07-25_013742354.png

In the attached image, the yeti *should* have taken only 10 damage, but instead, it took 21.

I've confirmed the behaviour isn't due to other extensions, by running an instance with just Theogeeks Improved Criticals and this extension loaded.

I think the damage message is confusing...it actually removes the previous damage and applies the new damage. TheoGeek found a couple of other bugs so I am fixing it now. I am rolling back the version for now so it applies the damage correctly, but it will make TheoGeeks extension fail again.
    However, I am working hard on this now and should have it fixed soon.

I think the damage message is confusing...it actually removes the previous damage and applies the new damage. TheoGeek found a couple of other bugs so I am fixing it now. I am rolling back the version for now so it applies the damage correctly, but it will make TheoGeeks extension fail again.
    However, I am working hard on this now and should have it fixed soon.
    Righto! I appreciate all your hard work...! <3

Righto! I appreciate all your hard work...! <3
    EUREKA!

I got it working. it is uploaded now.

EUREKA!

I got it working. it is uploaded now.
    Huzzah!

Once again tested, and found it not to be working as intended, with both extensions installed (but no others).

There are two issues I can see:
    1) It does not take into account critical hits you land on the same turn after you use savage attacker / piercer, meaning they don't get maximised as they should with Theogeek's Improved Criticals.
    2) It does not allow me to use both Savage Attacker AND Piercer on the same damage roll to reroll the damage rolls with Piercing damage, when the character has both feats.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news always, but if you keep working on it I shall continue to test it o7

Once again tested, and found it not to be working as intended, with both extensions installed (but no others).

There are two issues I can see:
    1) It does not take into account critical hits you land on the same turn after you use savage attacker / piercer, meaning they don't get maximised as they should with Theogeek's Improved Criticals.
    2) It does not allow me to use both Savage Attacker AND Piercer on the same damage roll to reroll the damage rolls with Piercing damage, when the character has both feats.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news always, but if you keep working on it I shall continue to test it o7

thank you for testing.
    1. I was testing this and it seemed to work for me. I will look into it.

2. As for the Savage AND Piercer, I am not having any problems with that part. It will ask if you want to do the Savage Attacker first, then will ask about the Piercer

Just uploaded new version. again.
    Last edited by lprchaun; August 5th, 2024 at 23:00.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information